Extra (Derek)

I looked at the paper in front of me and I felt sick. It was Some hand written note from random ass family member from I don't even know where. They found out about Jake. They were some aunt twice removed or something from Jake's fathers side.

Apparently since she came from an "established" family she and her husband should be the ones getting custody of Jake.

Her letter stated that a baby would thrive better in a house hold with a married couple than a single college drop out.

Everything in their argument was a load of fucking bullshit. Children can grow up perfectly happy and healthy in single parent house holds.

Jake has everything he could ever freaking need. Hell Greg, who was my boss, took a leave of absence to watch him so that I can go to school.

And the man is a trained doctor so I never feared for Jake's health. Maybe an argument could be made that I was careless because I literally moved in with Greg after knowing him for like 2 hours but I saw an opportunity that could help care for Jake and I took it. Greg's parents have welcomed Jake with open arms and although I still haven't met any of Greg's friends everyone was super excited to meet Jake and I. I know that 2 of Greg's friends ready met Jake and he came back safe and sound so I didn't have to worry about them.

I didn't need this stress right now. Jake and I were finally in a good place. He didn't have to worry about his next meal, I had a job and I was finishing my schooling. Everything was falling into place and now some women that I don't know is trying to take the last thing I have of my sister away from me. even if Jake wasn't my sisters son, he was mine. I was the one sacrificing and caring for me. She has no right to demand him.

I looked at the clock and I knew Jake would be asleep for another hour. Greg was at his mothers house, apparently she needed help setting something up and I was off today so I said I would be with Jake since I felt like I was missing out on so much. I nearly cried when I came home early and found Jake waving. I missed his first wave.

I set the letter down and went to go shower.

The hot water felt great on my muscles. The water cascaded down my body and I could feel all the tension just loosen.

I washed my hair, brushed out the knots and used my oils to keep my curls hydrated. When I became the guardian of Jake, the first things to go were my hair care products. My curls had become dried out and my hair was brittle. When I got my first check from Greg, I bought everything I could find that would bring my hair back to life.

I looked at my reflection and I felt like myself.

After getting dressed I checked on Jake and then went to the kitchen to start lunch.

I was met with a very pissed off Greg.

"What the fuck is this?" He asked as he gestured towards the Letter.

"Jake has a great aunt. She want to take him from me. She said she can provide him with a stable family." I said

I could see how broken Greg looked.

"I'm going to fight this you know, I'll see if your friend Ben can help, he's a lawyer right" I said

"I don't understand." He said sadly

"Apparently the arguments she has are that I'm a drop out and not married. I'm back in school but I'm not sure if she can still take him since I'm not married." I laughed bitterly

"Fuck it, I'll marry you. She's not taking Jake. This is his home. He belongs with you and me. He has family here. He still young but he basically has a harem of cousins and my parents treat him like he's their grandson. She's. Not. Taking. Jake." He declared