19 - The Burrito Mishap

Start from the beginning

[Sent 02.00 pm]

Bruce Wayne: Marinette, I told you to be back by 7. Where are you? Do you need one of the boys to pick you up?

[Sent 6.25 pm]

I had missed a lot of messages. Jason and Tim had sent me millions of texts, telling me how Dick was back and he bought sweets. And then another one saying the sweets were over, and then worried texts about if we were coming back.

I cursed, opening up Bruce's message.

Me: Hey Bruce, we're fine. I was just asleep till now. We'll be there for dinner in an hour.

Bruce Wayne: Alright, be safe. And drive fast, Gotham isn't somewhere you can easily drive through.

Me: Okay. Thanks, Bruce.

I ran to the cinema room, alerting everyone about this. "Hey guys, get ready to go back. We're going to be late for dinner." I say, making everyone groan and sigh. "Come on! We don't have time to waste." Kagami said, standing up.

"Yeah." I supported her. "We need to find a cab and-" "We don't." Adrien said, head shooting up from where he was sleeping. "Huh?" I asked. Kagami smiled, clarifying. "Our cars arrived. They're parked out in the garage." she says.

"O-oh. That's nice." I say. "Come on, guys. Go get ready while I wake up Luka." I say, smiling and then walking out. Chloe raised her hand in protest, but I hadn't seen that, already out of the room.

I walk up the stairs and go to Luka and Chloe's room, realizing that I could have just told Chloe to go. Smacking my face, I open the door slowly. The door opened, not creaking, because this was a new door.

Luka was sprawled on the bed, face buried in his pillow and comforter half on the ground. I giggled at his state, before walking towards him. "Luka. Hey, Luka. Wake up!" I whispered, nudging him a little.

He groaned and turned the other way.

I almost laughed out loud. I walk to the other side of the bed, nudging him again. "Hey, Luk-" I was cut off by a hand wrapping around my wrist, pulling me into the bed. Luka wrapped his hands around me in a back hug, a small smile on his face.

"Hey, girlfriend." He whispered, burying his face in the crook of my neck. "Not your girlfriend." I say, startling the boy awake. Luka's eyes snapped open, staring into mine. I stared into his sea-blue eyes in silence.

"Shit. Sorry, Melody." he said, letting go of me and moving away, only to shut his eyes again. "It's okay." I said, laughing silently. "Luka! Don't go to sleep again. We're going to be late for dinner at Wayne Manor." I say.

"No."

That was all Luka said, before he turned away, somehow bringing the comforter back onto himself and wrapping it around him like a cocoon. He snuggled into the comforter. My mind was blank.

"You- you look like a burrito!" I state.

I start laughing, quite loudly. I climb onto the sleeping boy, trying to pull the comforter away. "Get up- Luka, come on- You have to get- Stop pushing me away!" I exclaimed, panting in exhaustion.

Luka had always been stronger than me.

"Ugh." I groaned falling onto him. "Just get up already." I say, sounding defeated. "No." he says. "Luka, seriously-" "Okay, okay! I'm up." he says, almost laughing. Luka sits up, looking like a burrito folding into half.

"Pfft-"

"Stop laughing." he groans.

"You did this to yourself."

"J-just help me out of this."

I laugh at Luka's embarrassment. Suddenly, I hear someone clear their throat. Both of our heads snap towards the door, where Chloe stood, eyebrows raised. It was then that I realized our position.

I also realized that the door was open this whole time.

Luka was wrapped up in a comforter, sitting up and leaning on the bed frame, while I sat on his lap. Also, this blue-haired guy was blushing. Although in embarrassment, but Chloe wouldn't know that.

"O-oh." I stutter.

Luka was unfazed, which I suppose was a good thing. "Hey, girlfriend." he stated, grinning and repeating the same thing he had said to me when he thought I was Chloe. "Hey... baby." Chloe replied hesitantly.

I stumble off the blonde's boyfriend, looking back at him before facing Chloe. "He- he wouldn't wake up. Um- help him out of that." I say again, forcing a smile at the blonde before rushing out of the room.

"What's going on-?" I heard Chloe ask as I left in a hurry, rushing through the hallway and into my room, shutting the door behind me. I sigh in relief. That was embarrassing. That was also something that could cause misunderstandings.

Never again.

.......

[Q.] Do you think Chloe would misunderstand Marinette?