My Inner Stalker

Part 8: My Inner Stalker

"It's just a suggestion, I'm not saying you have to do it, but it is an option, and in your case I think it might be a smart choice." I was awkwardly holding my phone in between my ear and shoulder while trying to make some eggs.
"Yes, you would split the rent. That should give you some more time to get started, right?" I was talking to Sam about the possibility of getting a roommate.
"No, of course I get that. I understand you don't want to move in with someone you barely know, but I can assure you that he is a nice guy, and he is desperately looking for somewhere to live other than his room at NYADA." I put my slightly burned eggs on a plate and dumped the pan in the sink. I could finally hold my phone in my hand again.
"Yeah sure, you can take some time to think about it. I will text you Blaine's number in case you need to contact him." I said while knowing I'd already convinced him.
"Okay, bye Sam!" I ended the call.

I put down my phone and started eating my breakfast. I was in a bit of a hurry because I was almost late for class. I overslept that morning because I hadn't had a very good night's sleep. Rachel brought Jesse home in the middle of the night and woke me up with some unpleasant noises. Well, pleasant for her, not for me, but I won't elaborate on that..
I was a little pissed at her for that, so I decided to leave my dishes in the sink for her to clean. When I realized it was already 9:45 AM, I quickly put on my coat, grabbed my bag and my remaining piece of toast and hurried out the door. I barely made it to class in time. I sat down and took off my coat and scarf as fast as possible because I was sweating like a pig from all the running. I just hoped that my deodorant would keep the nasty smell away.

The bad smell of my sweat turned out to be the least of my problems when I realized that Blaine wasn't in class. Well, the fact that Blaine wasn't in class was not really my problem, but because I am me and me was (just a little) obsessed with Blaine Anderson, I worried about why he wasn't there so much that, at the end, I had no idea what had happened in class at all. As soon as I got outside, I texted him to ask if everything was okay. Look, I swear I'm not a stalker, I did have a reason to be worried.

Blaine was very serious about his education and very determined to become a successful performer. NYADA was a big dream of his, he wouldn't miss a class unless he really couldn't be there. I had three hours until my next class and I decided that going home was a better idea than staring anxiously at my phone, which I did all the way home on the subway. When I opened the door to my apartment, I almost wished I hadn't. Rachel and Jesse were sitting at the table. I had forgotten he was here. I sighed and walked inside. "Hi."

"You knew about this?!"

A shock went through my body, my head turned quickly towards the voice. "You scared m-". I stared, mouth open when I realized who it was. "Santana!" I made my way to her to give her a hug. "I thought you weren't coming back until next week!"

"Yeah yeah, Brit read the date on our tickets wrong, good thing I was the one who had to print them." She hugged me back, impatiently.

"Where's Brit anyway?" I asked.

"In Lima, something about her father hitting himself with a hammer by accident. Whatever, good thing I'm here now, turns out the two of you are keeping all kinds of secrets from me!" She nodded at Rachel and Jesse. "What's Jesse St. Sucks doing here?"

Jesse frowned and Rachel buried her face in her hands. I chuckled. "Oh yeah, that." I rolled my eyes.

"Kurt has a boyfriend." Rachel said from behind me.

Santana smiled. "Good for you!" She patted my shoulder.

An offended Rachel got up from her chair. "Why are you angry at me and not at him?"