079; a one sided relationship

Start from the beginning

"Ladies," he spoke up with a small smile on his face, walking over to the couch as Kate stood up, "mind if I join you?"

"We're going to my room," she replied, grabbing his hand and pulling him down the hall as Evie shook her head and laughed slightly.

"Okay." He shrugged, the girl closing her door as they both walked into the room while Corbyn sat on the edge of her bed, "so-"

"Do you want to do something fun?" She tilted her head, leaning closer to the boy as her hands went either side of him, a smile creeping on her face.

"I'd love to."

"Want to go confront someone about something?"

"Who is this person?" Corbyn asked, the girl's lips inches away from his as he glanced down at them.

"Isaac," she mumbled, their lips barely touching as Corbyn pulled himself away from her and glanced back to her eyes.

"Are you trying to seduce me while mentioning you're ex?" He narrowed his eyes slightly as Kate paused, "we're not talking to him."

"Why?"

"Because he's your ex, he's Isaac."

"I think he was the one behind the instagram-"

"How did he get your login?" Corbyn asked, interrupting the girl while she suddenly paused.

"..I don't know."

"We're not talking to him."

"He won't do anything." Kate said as Corbyn stood up, shaking his head as he shrugged, "Corbyn."

"Kate, he's your ex." He turned to face her, "he's an asshole, I settled the instagram story issue with Randy and it's resolved, we don't need to speak to him."

"You spoke to your ex a few weeks ago."

"We weren't even together."

"But we were more than friends," Kate argued, "there was something going on between us."

"My ex isn't a dick," Corbyn said, "I spoke about you to her and we're on good terms, neither of us did anything wrong."

"So that makes it okay?"

"What?"

"She didn't do anything wrong so you can talk to her?" Kate folded her arms, "shit excuse."

"Just change your login," he shrugged, "change your password and it won't happen again, what's the point of confronting him? It only gives him a reason to talk to you and I don't want that."

"I only asked because I didn't want to do it alone." She said, now fiddling with her rings as Corbyn raised his eyebrows.

"You're not doing it at all," he shook his head, "you're not going near him Kate."

"Don't tell me what to do."

"Kate." Corbyn glared at her, "I'm not telling you what to do, I'm protecting you. He's only going to try something the second you go up to him and you'll be hooked in."

"I wont be hooked in." She rolled her eyes, "I'm with you now why would I-"

"It doesn't matter if you'll be hooked in or not." He interrupted her again as she took a deep breath and froze, staring at the floor, "he'll hurt you or manipulate you, i'm not letting that happen."

Now staring at the floor in silence, Kate's eyes were slightly widened as Corbyn stared at her confused, letting out a sigh while he ran his hand through his hair.

The interrupting and the instructions she was being told to do to the boy gave her a small sudden flashback, the sense of being controlled or trapped again to one person when she had finally gained her freedom back.

"Let's just ignore the whole Instagram thing," he suggested, "i'll take you out for dinner and we don't have to mention it again, it was a mistake."

"I want to break up," Kate spoke up with Corbyn instantly pausing as he stared at her, "...yup, we're- yeah I don't.. done."

"..why?" He mumbled.

"Because you're an asshole," she nodded, grabbing her jacket as walking past him, "and I don't want to make the same mistake again."

"What mistake?" He laughed nervously, following her to the front door as Evie watched them both.

"The mistake of a one sided relationship with a controlling partner," she shrugged, walking out the door and slamming it behind her as Corbyn remained still.

And while he stared at the door, Evie slowly closed her laptop as she stood up, having Corbyn shake his head and grab his car keys, being the second person to leave the apartment in a matter of seconds as the girl by the couch stood there confused.

(˚୨୧🔪·。🛒˚.⛓)

A/N

btw the last chapter is chapter 80

but there is a sequel coming