042; we were just friends

THIRD PERSON.

"SO WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE SONG THAT YOU'VE released?" Ellie asked Corbyn, the pair sitting down at dinner whilst he was looking through the menu.

"Probably I still do." He shrugged.

"I really like 8 letters." She smiled.

"Cool."

"I'm sorry I'm not the other girl you'd prefer to be around." Ellie mentioned as her smile fell before Corbyn looked up at her and shook his head.

"Nah it's fine, it's not your fault." Corbyn replied, "what are you getting?"

"Probably just the steak." Ellie nodded, "and a lemonade or something."

"Okay, yeah I'll get the same that doesn't sound too bad." Corbyn said, "do you need to be dropped home after our date night or..?"

"Uh, no I have my car." Ellie told him, "thank you though."

"Yeah no problem." Corbyn gave her a smile, sighing as the waitress came over to take their food orders.

Once Corbyn had told her what they would both be having, she walked away from the table and left the two in an awkward silence. This was their second date out, and as neither of them knew one another, it was difficult for Ellie to get the boy to talk especially since he was so hung up on the last girl.

And so after about twenty minutes sat in silence as Ellie was scrolling through her phone, their food arrived to their table and they dug into it without saying a word to one another.

"Do you want to split the bill?" Ellie spoke up as the boy looked up at her, "I bought my money if-"

"Yeah, yeah we can do that." Corbyn nodded.

"Oh.. okay." She slowly nodded with her eyebrows slightly furrowed, tilting her head to the side slightly before continuing with her meal.

After finishing their meal and splitting the bill despite the frown on Ellie's face while doing so, the two left the restaurant hand in hand knowing they'd be stopped by Fletcher.

"Corbyn!" Fletcher called out with his camera facing the 'couple' as a forced smile appeared on Corbyn's face, "new girlfriend?"

"Well, yeah Kate and I were just friends soo.." Corbyn nodded.

"So is it the same with this girl?"

"We're just seeing how things go." He explained, "we aren't really sure what we are yet, figuring things out right now. This is Ellie by the way."

"Hi." She smiled and waved to the camera.

"Oh nice, nice." Fletcher nodded, "so are you and Kate still on good terms? I know the fans really liked her."

"Yeah.. yeah." Corbyn quickly nodded, "we still talk and hang out we've just been quite busy at the moment, but we weren't really anything more than friends just to clear the uh, clear the rumours slightly."

"You two definitely seemed quite close."

"Yeah well we've been friends for years now." Corbyn said through a laugh as he glanced around, "but we're all good and I think that's all the fans need to know."

"It's good that you're all doing so well," Fletcher said as he looked over to Ellie before Corbyn quickly nodded and said his farewells to the cameraman, walking off with Ellie following behind him.

"Fletcher seems very talkative." Ellie said.

"Yeah that's why you have to walk away before he brings up something fans don't need to know." He laughed as he shoved his hands into his pockets, "he likes to put people on the spot."

"Yeah I can see that." She nodded, "he did it just now with you."

"And that's why you lie to make things seem much better than what they actually are." Corbyn gave her a small smile as they stopped by her car, "he's not watching us anymore though so it's fine."

"Good." Ellie said as she unlocked her car, opening the door before looking over at the boy, "when is our next date thing..?"

"Next Tuesday I think."

"So I'll see you then?"

"I'll see you then." Corbyn nodded, giving her one last small smile before he walked over further down the street to where he parked his car.

As he left his 'girlfriend' and walked to his own car, the boy seemed to have a growing frown on his face that he couldn't seem to get rid of, knowing that the date would've been much more enjoyable if it was Kate at the opposite side of the table. A date that would've been filed with insults and weird yet meaningful conversations instead of awkward silence.

He still couldn't quite understand why it was him that needed to be in a fake relationship, wondering why it couldn't have been one of the guys that had been single for quite a while rather than him who was just recently out of his previous one.

But as he got into his car and let out a sigh once he was alone, he grabbed his phone from his pocket and sat in his car while he texted the girl he had been desperate to see since returning from New York.

–––

corbyn🖤hey are you free this week?

corbyn🖤
hey are you free this week?

kate🤎
don't text me

corbyn🖤
kate

corbyn🖤
i'm not mad at what you did

kate🤎
i didn't do anything it was you

corbyn🖤
me? i didn't do shit

kate🤎
fucking liar

kate🤎
ur new girlfriend looks like a copy & paste
girl so i'm glad to see u do actually like those
types of girls

corbyn🖤
katelyn :/
seen

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

oooo double update spoilt once again xx

go request my tiktok @teesarchive ok ily

i'm gonna try start getting my life together now ok