019; you're overanalysing it

THIRD PERSON.

DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY WITH JONAH SAT beside Corbyn in his car, the pair were on call to Daniel about the day they had just been through, songs they were looking to continue with and ones they were hoping to finish with.

And as they ended the call with Daniel, Jonah placed his phone to one side before he let out a sigh, turning to look out of the window.

"You spoken with Kate much recently?" Jonah spoke up as Corbyn shrugged.

"A little, she's been acting weird the past few hours though." Corbyn replied while sighing, "And she said she isn't coming to the meeting tomorrow."

"Why?"

"Said she wasn't feeling well." He frowned, "I might go check on her later tonight after dinner but it's just unusual, I swear she has a fear of being unwell."

"A fear?" Jonah said through a laugh, "What does that even mean?"

"I have no idea," the boy laughed, "and i'm too nervous to ask her about-"

"Who did that?" Jonah interrupted Corbyn, his gaze on the billboard through the window of the car and across the highway, where the five of them stood with half of the board covered in print outs of old tweets.

"Did what?"

"Pull over," he told him, watching Corbyn slowly nod in confusion before pulling over to the side of the road, trying to look out of Jonah's window.

"What are you looking at?" Corbyn asked.

"The billboard." Jonah told him through a mumble, getting out of the car as Corbyn quickly followed behind him, his face falling once noticing what Jonah had been referring to.

As the two guys stared in shock and confusion, a frown soon appeared on Corbyn's face as he ran his fingers through his hair, shaking his head and turning to Jonah.

"Those tweets were like eight years ago how did someone.." Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows, continuing to shake his head as he looked back at the board.

"Why is it half finished?" Jonah shrugged, "That's what I'm confused about."

"Do we tell management?" He asked, "Jonah these tweets are just going to ruin our career if more people see them."

"Do you think they just filled in half and made sure it showed our faces..? Or did they just give up?" Jonah continued to ask questions, ignoring the boys suggestions as Corbyn got back into his car.

As Jonah sighed, he got back into Corbyn's car and put his seatbelt back on as Corbyn turned on his car's engine and began to make his way back to his managements building.

"Someone needs to remove that." He mentioned, "I am not having those tweets up there for the whole world to see. And it also doesn't make sense that it's half finished."

"I already said that." Jonah looked at him, "Unless it's someone we know."

"There's no way one person could've done that overnight." Corbyn shook his head, "A group of people who don't like us? I don't.. I don't know."

"Like a group of haters?" He asked as Corbyn nodded, "Maybe it was trying to be a harmless prank that is actually kind of serious."

"Jealous haters most likely." Corbyn rolled his eyes, arriving at their destination as they got out of the car and headed towards their managers office.

And as they walked up to the door, knocked on it and entered, they both let out a sigh as Randy looked up at them confused.

"Someone put some of our old tweets on one of our billboards," Jonah explained, "The tweets that we have apologised for in the past and were meant to be deleted."

"They are deleted." Corbyn added on, "They're from like 2016."

"Right.. do you know who did it?" Randy asked them.

"Corbyn thinks it's a group of haters who are jealous of us," Jonah shrugged, "But other than his guess, no we don't."

"One person cannot do that overnight." Corbyn argued as he folded his arms.

"And it's also half finished." Jonah continued.

"Half finished?" Randy slowly nodded as Jonah glanced around, "That's weird."

"They probably gave up halfway," Corbyn said, "But we thought we'd come tell you because we don't know what to do about it."

"Okay," Randy nodded, "Alright, I'll get someone to get rid of it, don't worry."

"Do you know when..?"

"By tomorrow definitely." He reassured them two guys, "I'll get it figured out."

Receiving a nod and thank you from Corbyn and Jonah, they both left the office and made their way towards the exit of the building for the second time that evening, walking in silence as they occasionally let out sighs.

And as they got back into Corbyn's car, putting on their seatbelts and pulling out of the parking lot, they drove back past the billboard as they took another long stare at it.

"Whatever," Corbyn shook his head and rolled his eyes, turning his head back to the road, "I'm just going to act like that didn't happen."

"Okay sounds like a good plan, I'll do that too."

"I don't get how someone left is half finished." He said, "If you're going to ruin my career at least do a good job of it."

"Corbyn you're overanalysing it, just leave it."

"Okay, I will."

(˚୨୧🔪⋆。🛒˚ ⋆ ⛓)

A/N

hehehe any theories?