Chapter two

A tall muscled guy with dark hair and twinkling green eyes stood behind me, he had a slight smirk on his lips. He was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. I shot up and took a step back as he came closer. The way he moved unnerved me, it was almost cat-like, too smooth and calculated.

„I have been trying to come and see you but I just haven't been able to." The guy said. I swallowed as a dim thought came to my head. I knew this guy from somewhere but I just couldn't place him.
"Who are you?" I whispered as I kept stepping back towards the house. I wanted an exit plan, something definitely didn't feel right with this guy. Pain shot across his face so quickly that if I had blinked I wouldn't have seen it. 

„Nora" the guy said confusion choking his words, "Please don't mess around with me! I know I haven't been here but I had no choice!" Another step forward „I'm here now and we should leave while we can." He held out his hand and actually expected me to take it! For a minute, I wanted to, I didn't know why but it was a feeling I wanted to ignore. I wasn't going to just run off with some stranger in the middle of the night. He wasn't the first to claim to know me and he probably wouldn't be the last.

He gave me an odd feeling, he wasn't the type of guy to live in a town like this. His hand was still stretched out and his green eyes urged me to take it. Instead, I turned around and started to run back to the house. I didn't get far as the guy jumped in front of me. How did he move so fast? I thought before he forcefully grabbed my wrist and started pulling me into the direction of the road that ran along the fields, there was a car there. He was going to kidnap me!

He was incredibly strong, and panic gripped my bones as I looked around for something, anything to use as a weapon. We were nearly at the car. I was running out of time. There was a large solid stick on the floor, I quickly grasped it and hit the guy on the back of the head with all my strength. The guy immediately fell on the floor, he was knocked out. I stopped for a second and breathed deeply in and out, then I looked at the guy. I was worried I'd hurt him. Fuck that, he was going to kidnap you. My heart slowly got back to its normal pace, but my head was screaming.

I glanced at him one last time and then sprinted to the house as quickly as I could. "Mom! Dad!" I screamed as I came into the house. I heard multiple bumps and bangs as they ran down the stairs. „Whats wrong honey?" my mom said putting on her bathrobe. I was still shaken by the kidnap attempt. "Do you know what time it is Nora?" my dad said pointing at the clock. It was 4am, surely I couldn't have been outside that long! I had gone out at 12 because I couldn't sleep, the stars always made me feel better. Maybe I had fallen asleep throughout.

„There's a guy in the field! He's unconscious!" I said leaving out the kidnapping part. For some reason I didn't trust them with the whole truth. My head was still pounding, something significant had happened, something that woke up something in my head. My Mom sprung into action "Show me where he is!" My mom was a nurse and she had apparently always hated seeing people in pain or suffering. Even if it was a scratch, it soothed her to help people. We all ran out of the house to the spot where the guys was...Or was meant to be. My breath caught in my throat and I blinked. He was gone! Just a minute ago he had been unconscious and now he'd disappeared ! I turned around to face the road, the car was gone too. There was nothing. Just the empty field. 

How did he get up again? How could he drive a car when he'd just been knocked out? It didn't make any sense.  „Nora?" my Mom's tone was worried and it was backed up by her feeling my forehead. "Are you feeling okay honey?" My parents thought I'd made the guy up! In my head, because I was crazy! Weren't they supposed to support me? 

"Mom I swear there was a guy here! He was unconcious! I swear!" My parents just smiled and nodded. They obviously didn't believe me. I mean, I knew my head was messed up, but he had been here. Hadn't he? I looked at the ground again, there was no stick. The grass waving undisturbed in the breeze. 

"Okay Nora, Its been a long day and a long night so let's get some sleep."My Dad said. When I didn't move he got more impatient, „Let's go Nora." He patted my back. I realised that there was no point in arguing with my parents about this. I had already lost. Slowly I nodded and walked back to the house with my parents. Maybe I was crazy, or maybe the guy had existed. I tried hard to remember more details, but the more I thought about it, the less I could remember. Had he been short? Tall? Pale? Tanned? It frustrated me. Tomorrow was the first day of work for me, this didn't help in the least. I should just forget. But how could I?

In bed I started shaking, sobbing and clutching my pillow in an attempt to not feel crazy. Was I losing it? But it had felt to incredibly real. I had been holding the stick, I had hurt someone with it. Could I have imagined it? I could still smell the fresh night air through my open window, luring me back outside. No, I had work tomorrow. I breathed in deep and shut my eyes, quietly praying to God that I wasn't losing my mind.

Remember MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara