Yellow Dandelions.

Start from the beginning

"Look um...I don't know how else to say "I'm sorry" without saying but....I'll say something that Kenny once said a very long time ago. He said: "You don't just end it cause it's hard. You stick it out, help out the folks you care so much about." He said that to us when it felt hopeless for our old group of people we were with. Guess I kinda forgot about that last night." I said.

"You were in so much pressure and regretful. I get it." Rick says.

"I guess after I help you with getting a new vehicle for Richmond, you want me out of here. Right?" I said.

"Not today. Maybe if you fuck up again. But not today. Too many people care about you here and....I think there's some way you can help do your part around here. Like tomorrow, you and me will take a drive up to The Hilltop. See if anyone there can help us out with finding a car." Rick says.

"Okay." I said. Rick then reached his hand out for a hand shake and I accepted it. "So you know where Clem and A.J is?"

"Clem and A.J had a bit of a fight when he heard about what you did. You sure you wanna do this now?" Rick asked.

"Of course. You don't know what I said to her last night. I was out of line and I know I shouldn't have done that." I said, starting to stress out.

"Hey, calm down. Your alright, kid. Just, you know. Take your time and think of what to say." Rick says. I then take a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"I know. Gonna be tough trying to work out our little fight and I know she's gonna get on me about the car situation." I said.

"And uh...Maybe get some flowers. Something simple like a bunch of dandelions." Rick says. He then grabs a jar from the table. "Here. Put them in water with this." He hands me the jar and I take it.

"Thanks. I'll be up in the morning to head out to Hilltop with you." I said.

"Yeah. See you around, Y/N." Rick says. I go out the door and went to find some flowers. I walked around Alexandria for a bit trying to find a patch of dandelions on the ground. After a while, I found seven of them by the little pond in the center of Alexandria. Before I could pick the little yellow flowers out, I hear someone call my name behind me.

"Y/N?" The voice was A.J. I turned around to see A.J. Nervously standing there holding his wrist.

"Oh, hey little man. Come here. Give us a hug." I said, stretching my arms out for a hug. A.J then immediately jumped into my arms and hugged me. "How you doing, buddy?"

"I feel bad." A.J says as we let go of each other.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's just....I feel like a shit head for saying what said before to you." A.J says with shame.

"No. No, don't say that about yourself. You know what? I feel like I should apologize to you. I mean, I made you worried when I left last night without telling anyone where I was going." I said, basically telling him that I forgive him about our little argument yesterday at Kenny's funeral.

"No, Y/N. I went too far when I said that and I don't want you to die, Y/N. Your my hero, Y/N. I look up to you all the time. Not because I'm smaller than you." A.J says.

"It's fine. I know what you meant." I said with a small chuckle.

"But still. I get so confused and angry with all these things you and Clementine have been telling me and I don't know if I should follow them or not. Ive been forever thinking about what it is your trying to stop me from...From..Seeing, Y/N. What is it?" A.J says. I stare off into space as I process what he said. I think it's now time A.J learned the truth about what his mother did. I sigh and put my hands on his shoulders.