Why I left.

Clem's POV.

Me and A.J arrived at the last place I saw Carol at. Her camp is somewhere around here. I'm wondering how much she'll get us. I then noticed A.J has been pretty quiet the whole way up here.

"So, how many walkers you think Carol will bring us?" I asked him. A.J then just shrugs as a response. "Tens? Hundreds? Thousands?"

"I'm not sure but it's gotta be enough, right?" A.J Says. I then nodded in response before A.J groans in pain and holds his side. I stopped and kneeled down to his level.

"Gunshot wound?" I asked.

"Ugh, it feels like a bunch of fingers pinching my insides." A.J Says. I then looked around for somewhere for us to rest at. I then see a big boulder by some trees.

"Come on, let's rest for a second." I Said. We went to the boulder and I helped A.J up on the boulder to sit on.

"Clem, I've been thinking...Why has Y/N never told me that he had a sister?" A.J asked.

"Im gonna be honest A.J, it's not my place to tell you this cause he doesn't like talking about it. But I guess it's because it's been a bad memory for him. You remember the story I told you about right? The one where we tried to look for my parents in Savanna?" I Said.

"Yeah, I remember." A.J Says.

"Well, his sister was there and they got separated from us. I guess he always blamed himself for his sisters disappearance. Cause he was trying to save me from the walkers. That's just a guess though because I don't like to talk to him about it, neither." I Said.

"So he's like scared of his bad memory? About his sister?" A.J asked.

"I don't think so. However, now that he knows his sister is alive...and with Lily. I think he's scared of what's gonna happen on the boat when we get our friends. It's kinda like you with your fear of someone coming up behind you." I Said.

"Yeah...I wish that my fear would just go away. I want it to get off of me. How do I do it?" A.J Says as I sit next to him on the boulder.

"It's really hard to do it by yourself. Sometimes, people need someone else that they know and trust to help them get rid of it." I Said truthfully to him.

"Like from a friend?" A.J asked.

"Yeah but those are hard to find these days." I Said.

"Not really. Tenn and I...I think he's my first real friend." A.J Says.

"Really? I thought I was your first real friend?" I asked.

"Well, you don't count. Cause your old." A.J Says.

"Am not! Y/N, he's the oldest out of the three of us." I Said.

"Okay. Tenn's my "second" real friend." A.J Says.

"And what about Y/N?" I asked.

"He's third." A.J Says.

"Wow, Okay. I'll be sure to tell him that." I Said.

"Please don't." A.J Says a little annoyed as I smirk at his reaction. I then see that he seems to have something on his mind.

"You got anything else on your mind, kiddo?" I asked as I got off the boulder.

"Don't we have to find Carol?" A.J asked.

"We've got all the time in the world right now." I Said as I helped him off the boulder.

"Well uh...I've been thinking about Marlon and what he's done." A.J Says.

"Yeah. Go on?" I Said.