Return the hat.

Y/N's POV.

I wake up the next day with the sun shining over me through the small window in the infirmary, where I had to come back to Alexandria to help A.J, after he was shot on the side. I'm not sure how everyone in town will feel about us coming back after we were kicked out. But I know I have to tell Rick about the possibility of Alexandria being in danger from a militia that I don't even know how big they are or how armed. I get up from my bed and go out the door, to see if A.J is awake. I go to where he's laying at and see him awake and Maggie's tending to his wound.

"Hey, A.J." I Said, in a relieved tone as I sit next to his bed.

"I'm sorry I screamed last night. I was trying to be quiet so the monsters won't hear us." A.J said.

"It's okay. We're back in Alexandria, so you could scream as loud as you wanted. I'm just so glad your okay. And we have Maggie to thank for saving you." I Said.

"Stitching wounds isn't a problem for me. It's who I'm doing it to is what makes me nervous. But you pulled through. Your one tough little seven year old." Maggie said. "I even took the liberty of getting some shirts for him. Was a shame to cut up this nice sweater." She said as she points to some shirts on the table.

"Thank you. Hey, can you go get Rick for me? I have to talk to him about something." I asked.

"Sure. I'll go find him." Maggie said.

"Oh and Maggie?" I Said as Maggie turns back to me. "How is everyone gonna handle us being back here?"

"Their just gonna have to deal with it. Wasn't the first time we all had to kick someone out and let them back in again." Maggie said. She leaves and I go to the table to pick out a shirt for A.J. I see a red shirt with a big palm tree in front. A regular blue shirt and a shirt with Disco Broccoli on it. Yes, this ones perfect. I picked it up and showed it to A.J.

"What do you think? You like it?" I asked.

"Yeah. I think it looks cool and I could put my jacket on over it." A.J Said as he sits up and looks at it.

"It sure will. Go ahead and put it on." I Said as I put it on his bed. A.J puts on the shirt and as he did this, I hear a door open and close in the back. Kenny then came in and was happy to see us awake.

"Hey, A.J." Kenny said.

"Uh hi?" A.J said. A.J looked over at me and wondered who this man is.

"A.J, this..is the man that took care of us for a short while. The same man that wore the hat your wearing." I Said as I pointed to his hat. Kenny then goes to one of the seats beside the bed and sits down. I then see Kenny wipe away a tear from his eye. Not a tear of sadness, but a tear of joy. From the sight of the boy he swore to take care of. A.J then took off the hat and handed it to Kenny.

"No. You keep it, Alvin Junior." Kenny said as he pushes the hat away to A.J.

"But it's yours. Y/N said that if we ever saw you again, I should give it back." A.J said.

"Did you now?" Kenny said as he turns towards me.

"Well, I wasn't just gonna throw it away. I made a promise to hold on to it for you and have him wear it, when he gets old enough. To keep the sun out of his eyes." I Said.

"Those were my words. Okay, I'll take the hat back." Kenny said as he takes the hat and puts it on his head. He looks at the mirror and checks himself out. He brushes away some of his long hair on his head and chuckled. "Guess you were right, Y/N. It is time for a trim." He said as he turns back to me and smiles. "Just look at you, son. Ten years ago when we first met, you were as tall as a baby horse. And now I see you again, grew up to be such a handsome young man and taking care of Alvey here." He says as he points to A.J. "I just...feel accomplished. That I taught you how to be a great man and to survive for his sake."