Chapter 3- The first day of school/Dinner time

The next morning, Sarah and James asked Sam if they can go with him.

"Uncle Sam, can we go with you? Please?" Sarah and James said.

"You can go with me—but you have to go to school first!"

Sarah sighed.

"Why is school so boring?"

Sam laughed.

"Because—school is always fun, my niece! he said as he tickles her chin. Is that right, Norman? Norman?"

Norman scoffed.

"Uh—yes, Sam! I am just hurrying up and eating my breakfast! Can you guys please wait for another ten minutes?"

"Norman Price, if you do NOT come here in twenty seconds, you will be in trouble! Twenty, nineteen, eighteen, seventeen, sixteen, fifteen, fourteen, thirteen, twelve, eleven, ten, nine, eight—good! Let us get into the car, and head over to school!"

"Ugh! I still hate, hate, hate, school!" Norman thought as they walked into the car.

Later at the school...

"Have a great first day of school, kids!" Sam called to them.

"We will, Uncle Sam!" they called.

"I can't wait to see what is happening in school today!" James said.

"Me too, James!" Sarah said.

"I hope you do not like it! School is always boring!" Norman whispered.

After eight hours left of school, they are waiting for Sam by the back of the school. When he saw them, he was really surprised!

"Uncle Sam!" Sarah and James said.

Sarah and James ran towards Sam.

"Hello, you three!" Sam said and asked as he hugged Sarah and James. "How was school?"

"It was great, Uncle Sam!" Sarah said.

"It was amazing!" James said.

"It was rubbish!" Norman said to himself.

"We made posters in art class today! And—I made a poster—just for you!"

Sam gasped.

"Aw—thank you!"

Sam kisses, and he hugs Sarah.

"You are the best niece ever!"

"Awww, Sam!" Norman screamed.

At dinner time, Julie has made them mashed potatoes, steak, and of course of all... whipped cream on the steak!

But Norman HATED mashed potatoes.

"Awww, why do I always have to eat mashed potatoes? I wanted the steak, and the whipped cream! NOW!" Norman said as he groaned.

"If—you—do—not—eat—your—mashed—potatoes—you—will—not—get—your—steak—for—dessert!" Sarah said as she was grunting her steak.

"Sarah is right, Norman. And—make sure you take small bites."

"Okay, Uncle Sam." Sarah said.

After dinner was done, Sarah asked Sam if she can be on the top bunk-bed.

"Can I be on the top of the bunk-bed, Uncle Sam?" Sarah asked.

"Of course you can, my niece!" Sam said as he nods his head.

"Yes!" Sarah said.

"Uncle Sam. I am scared of the dark. Are there any lights on?" James said and asked.

"The lamp is turned on. You are not scared of the dark."

"I love lamps just a tiny bit..." he said as he was going to sleep.

Sarah was very happy to be in the top bunk-bed.

"Good night!"

Sam kissed her, and he laughed.

"Sweet dreams!"

He closed the door.