Chapter 10: Soundwave's Secret

Soundwave's POV

I could not in fact locate Megatron, but this was because he was in the Earth's core and before that he was in the Autobot base.

Arachnid wanted to know where he was and until I could actually technologically pull up his signal, she would be an issue. I could her ambition.

She saw this as an opportunity to take complete control of the Decepticon forces and abandon Earth so that Megatron could never escape.

If she acted on those ideas, then I would have no choice other than to show her who is boss.

I kept my digits moving on autopilot, pretending to be searching for Megatron while I used my true advantage.

Dark energon, when used correctly can bring back the dead and put the dead under the control of whoever wields it.

And while dark energon cannot control the living, it can influence them and give the dark energon user power over them.

When I was much younger, I had always had a knack for tech. I was able to completely control it, but when I was in the real world, I wasn't in control. Real cybertronians didn't listen to me, they were unpredictable.

Dangerous.

My father loved bloodsport. Oftentimes, he would bring me to see the gladiators in the pits of Kaon. I was fascinated by one of them. He called himself Megatronus and he was the most powerful bot I had ever seen.

So I began to do what I did best. I hacked into everything he owned, controlled every technological aspect of his life, showing the world around him in a new light.

A dark light that showed the corruption of the council and others. Cybertron's inequality. Everything that was wrong on Cybertron, I am the one who showed it to him.

Once he saw the true state of the world and entered the political arena, I revealed myself to him as a very smart and useful supporter.

Over time, I became his second most trusted advisor. Second only to Orion Pax, a pesky bookworm who saw the corruption on Cybertron but wanted to end it peacefully.

He appealed directly to Megatronus, but I wanted to be in control. I wouldn't be able to do that peacefully.

So I found more dark energon and I began to expose Megatronus to it as often as I could. Eventually, through our dark energon connection, I was able to send him thoughts and dreams and ideas.

My ambitions became his ambitions, but Megatronus was always more emotional than me. He voiced his new thoughts to the council and Orion was shocked by the sudden violent change in his friend.

More and more I fed ideas into Megatron, until he finally had most of the poor and mistreated part of society on his side. They were like me. They wanted a war.

So I forced Megatron to give them one.

As his second in command, I was overwhelmed with the duties of a communications chief and battle instructor. So I found Starscream, another brave bot with skill in the battle arena and ambitions like my own.

Once his talent was revealed to Megatron, I was able to sink into the shadows of the revolution and I became silent.

My secret connection to Megatron has grown over the years. He doesn't know how much influence I truly have over him. Or that I use dark energon at all.

My visor protects that little secret from escaping, because no one can see my purple optics.

Megatron has become the best pawn I could have ever hoped for.