Chapter 7 - The first meeting

Start from the beginning

"...Your presence won't change anything..."

She remembered her mother's words from the day she found out about her brother's fate. The girl clenched her fist around the spoon she was holding with all her strength, and in her eyes you could see a quiet helplessness mixed with irritation. She lowered her eyesight and stared at the soup as if it was the poison responsible for all her misfortune and setbacks so far. She gritted her teeth.

'I won't come back. I will definitely not come home! I will never abandon my brother the way YOU did. Even though you are his mother, you always treated him like air, and me... You just never understood me...' Emiko put the spoon on the edge of the plate and supported her face with her hand. 'What am I thinking... It's not the time and place for reproaches about the past...! Now the most important thing is Kenzo and the solution of the investigation to which the clues... Damn! ' She bit her lip hard, which started to blood. Will this bad luck haunt her for a long time?!

She looked out the window at the street, where people passing by live their everyday lives and chased after the smallest things of everyday life. But she didn't envy them; she knew that sometimes even though a person looks like he/she is leading a happy life, it is quite the opposite. Wasn't she herself in situation like this now?

Fortners. Nina. Springers. Verden. Mysterious message. Detectives Messener and Müller. This was the first piece of information, so more should come as time goes on. She should find more over time.

'I won't give up. Never... Until I have solved this whole puzzle to the end, I won't be coming home! Even if I were to spend a few more years here. These few clues are important and I'm going to find more.' Emiko smiled slightly, and a bright glow appeared in her eyes. '...Don't worry, brother, I will definitely help you somehow. You are not alone here anymore.'

The thought of happy Kenzo filled her with new strength and she looked apologetically at the soup.

'Even if you are a poison, let's not forget that poison in small doses can act as a medicine. Please, give me strength for further fight...' The girl grabbed the spoon again and started eating until she ate it to the last drop.

****

It was getting dark when Emiko was returning to her apartment after a nutritious dinner. On that day, she was in no hurry, as she was supposed to be off work the next day. Slowly moving between the streets, she looked up at the stars. How beautiful whole sky shone... the weather was fairly good, thanks to which the clouds didn't cover the sky. Even the wind was blowing exceptionally gently.

She took a deep breath a few times, feeling the calm flow into her... until it was broken in a rather brutal way.

In the midst of all the silence, suddenly you could hear the sounds of the fire department and a man running down the street. It looked as if he was about to run the other way, but when he noticed her, he quickly ran towards her with a serious expression on his face.

"You better not go there! There is a fire!"

"What...?"

"Turkish Quarter is on fire in several places!" Emiko sobered up for good in a second. In an instant, she jumped up and ran in the indicated direction.

"Woman!! It's dangerous out of there!!" The man shouted after her, but the girl paid no more attention to him. There was her hostel in that neighborhood! If it burned down... All her savings...! No!! This couldn't be happening!! Like crazy, she ran through the streets to get to her destination as quickly as possible.

She saw that the firetruck didn't fit into the alley and a large group of men are extinguish the fire with ordinary buckets of water; luckily with a positive result. She quickly looked around the buildings and saw...