16

"We're all infected"
We all sat around a campfire talking amongst eachother, some were mad at dad for not telling them about what Jenner told him back at the cdc,we were all infected, if you die even if you didn't get bit or scratched you come back, I sat huddling onto mom still holding my bunny that hadn't left my hand since the farm, Carl was huddling into my side with dad on the other side of him, we hear a rushing in the forest behind us, I spin around to look into the dark forest, "what was that" Beth asks "could be anything,could be a raccoon, a possum or a walker" Daryl grunts as he gets up, "we need to leave" maggie exclaims "I mean what are we waiting for"
"The last thing we need is for everyone to go running off in the dark" dad continues "we don't have the vehicles, no ones travelling on foot" "don't panic" hershel tells Maggie "I'm not, I'm not sitting here waiting for another herd to blow through, we need to move now" maggie replies "no ones going anywhere" dad tells her "do something" maggie says to him
"I am doing something" dad snaps "keeping this group together, alive,I've been doing that all along, no matter what I didn't ask for this, I killed my best freind you people for Christ sake" everyone was silent, mom held Carl and i closer as dad started talking,

"you saw what he was like, how he pushed me, how he compromised us, how he threatened us, he staged the whole Randall thing, led me out to put a bullet in my back,he gave me no choice,he was my freind but he came after me" I stay frozen in shock as I hear Carl hug onto mom and start crying, tears start to fill my waterline making my vision blurry,'was Shane really bad?' I thought to myself 'but he took care of Carl,mom and I when we thought dad was dead?' Mom hugged onto Carl and i as he sobbed into her shirt.
"My hands are clean, maybe you people are better off without me, go ahead, I say there's a place for us but maybe maybe it's just another pipe dream, maybe I fooled myself again, we'll why don't you go find out yourself, send me a postcard, go on there's the door, you can do better, let's see how far you get, no takers, fine, we get one thing straight, your staying,this isn't a democracy anymore" dad starts to walk away, we had lost many people at the farm Andrea,Shane,jimmy and Patricia, I thought about them as I stared into the fire with red eyes.

8 months later
It had been a long time since the farm, we still hadn't found permanent refuge so we looted houses for what food they had left, we were all incredibly skinny and starving, moms baby bump had became more prominent after all these months, though the lack of food wasn't good for the baby or her.

We broke down the door to a house as we all piled in,I ripped open a cupboard praying that there was something inside, anything, inside the cupboard was nothing but dust, I sighed as I closed the cupboard to go look at the one next to it, I crossed my fingers as I slowly opened the cupboard, again there was nothing except dust, my stomach grumbles as I close the cupboard and start walking back to where our group is, I sigh as I sit down almost collapsing, "find anything?" Mom asks "nothing" I sigh as I look down at my dirty stuffed bunny, Carl and dad come out of a room,Carl was holding a single can of dog food, he starts opening the can with his knife, suddenly dad grabs the van and throws it at the wall, "you aren't gonna eat dog food" he says as Carl sighs.

Dad and Daryl had gone looking for shelter, they came back later telling us they had found a prison, for once in a long time I had hope, we all get in our cars as we drove to the prison, we got to the prison, there were walkers stumbling around in the fields, it was huge, there was more than enough space for our group.

As night fell we had gotten rid of all the walkers in the field, we had made a campfire in the grass, "we'll explore inside tomorrow" dad tells everyone as we all sit around the fire, I hugged onto mom as we all sat while holding my dirt covered stuffed bunny in my other hand, after we all went to bed, mom kissed my forehead "goodnight love" she whispers, I smile widely at her as she goes to say goodnight to Carl, soon dad also comes in "goodnight Ellie" he tells me putting a kiss on my forehead.

The nightmares started coming back, though we had shelter now I still had nightmares about those things attacking me in my sleep, every time I closed my eyes I saw them, those same dead soulless eyes with their horrifying moans and groans, tears slowly fell down onto the shirt I had been using as a pillow as I hugged my knees to my chest clutching my stuffed bunny.