7: FIRST NIGHT (JASON)

VIDEO above - gay anthem FOREVER YOUNG, as seen on Queer As Folk.

**

PHOTO - Jason

PHOTO - Jason

The frat party had pretty much turned into a rager as they often do, especially so far off-campus, and all Johnny and I wanted to do was get out of there. The police would probably be showing up soon to send everybody home and we didn't want to be there when that happened. There was often trouble, dudes getting cocky with the cops, cops getting pissed off because of the obvious evidence of drug use, and sometimes all hell broke loose.

Both Jeannie and Emma assured us that they'd get home safely with the guys they'd hooked up with, although Johnny and I weren't so confident about it. Everybody was drinking way too much and Kenton was not just around the corner. But they didn't want to go back with us now, so we left them there. They wanted frat boys, let them have frat boys. Who could blame them? Johnny and I just wanted each other. We hurried out, got our cars, and Johnny followed me back to his house.

I couldn't believe how everything had happened there at the party. It was like it all had fallen perfectly into place. Jeannie had immediately attracted a pack of girl-hungry dudes and gone off flirting. I had talked to some of the important frat brothers. But with all that noise and wild activity going on, there was no way to have a sensible conversation. I knew things were pretty wild in the frat houses on campus on a daily basis, and if this was a glimpse of fraternity life, screw it. It was all about getting drunk, doing drugs, going crazy, and getting girls. None of which I was interested in. College life didn't seem so alluring to me any more.

Watching everybody have all that fun and not having any interest in it, I could sense that my life had truly changed today in really big ways and that the world would be a different place for me from now on. For me and Johnny both.

I could not fucking wait to get back to his apartment!

A half hour later we roared into the drive and pulled up in front of the garage. I jumped out of my Mustang and pulled up the garage door for him and he drove his uncle's Chevy into it. I pulled the door down after he walked out and then locked my car with the remote. We headed around to the side door that led upstairs.

Johnny put his arm around my shoulders. He snorted. "I'm nervous, dude. This is like our wedding night."

I slung my arm around his waist and squeezed him. "I'm sort of nervous too. Hey, talk about a wedding, could we get married, do you think? Would you marry me, Johnny?"

"Hell, yeah, Jason. I think men marrying each other is totally awesome. But we'd have to wait. Same-sex marriage isn't legal in Ohio."

"They're working on it," I said, thinking we should really do it. Ohmygod, my dick started getting hard just thinking about marrying Johnny. "Those same-sex marriage cases the Supreme Court is working on now - maybe they'll rule in favor of them and legalization will go into effect here in Ohio and the other states still banning it."