Part 11: Jesse Wu

Start from the beginning

He walks towards me, his chest high with a calm confidence. I take a step back as he slides onto the desk and into my personal space. Sitting on the edge, a slight sneer grows on his face.

"I wouldn't move too much if I were you."

"What happened?" I ask.

"You'll probably be sore for a while."

"What happened?" I repeat, heat flushing my cheeks and neck.

He chuckles and shakes his head.

"I took it out, which you already know, so don't play stupid."

Red hits my cheeks like a slap to the face. In the flash of a millisecond, I imagine knocking out his teeth, kicking him right in his juicy parts and slapping that annoying and arrogant smirk clean off his face.

I size him up, taking in the sight of his impressive build and calm intensity. His dark eyes appear relaxed, but his sharp jaw clenches tight.

A black tattoo snakes up one his thick biceps and disappears under the sleeve of his tight shirt. Just above the collar, the edge of the tattoo peeks out. His wide-frame and well-developed muscles give him the look of a fighter.

Fighter or not, I can take him.

"Where am I?" I growl.

"Where do you think?" He laughs. "Back of my shop."

"How long was I out?"

"Thirteen hours." He shrugs. "Now...there's the issue of payment."

Mierda.

No money to pay him and all my secrets are hiding in his back pocket. I imagine rushing him again, taking what's mine and bolting.

"I know you don't have any money. No communicator, no money, just some clothes. I looked through your bag," he explains unapologetically.

"What?" I snarl, taking a step towards him. "Why would you do that?"

Anger pulsates through my veins, making every muscle constrict.

I'm this close to beating the crap out of you.

The smirk on his face doesn't change. A single brow perks up as he takes in the sight of my fury.

"Since you have no money," he continues, unfazed. "I want something else."

"Give me what's mine. Then we strike a deal."

Laughter fills the air. The sound hits me like a bucket of ice water.

He shakes his head, the smirk growing into a full grin.

He's enjoying this.

"Why are you laughing," I mutter through clenched teeth.

"Answers. That's what I want. And right now, you have zero cards to play. You want your chip?" His dark brown eyes barrel into me, the smile slowly disappearing. "Let's start with your name."

My eyes flash to the door.

"Don't even think about it."

I glare at him.

"I thought you were supposed to be discreet. Ever heard of privacy?"

"I am discreet. Usually." He nods. "But, you aren't paying me to be discreet, are you?"

You're dead. I am literally going to murder you.

"So," he continues. "I want an explanation."