Ch. 1 Devon

Author note: for the record, this is my first time EVER writing fanfic so, bare with me. And I don't own any character in the story other then Devon Andrew Miller. Everyone else is for the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. Also don't come after me for my grammar, I know it suck and I don't care.
On that note let's get on to the story!

It had been a long day for Reyna with paperwork, senate meeting, breaking up fights and dealing with new campers. She was dead tired to say the least. Sure Frank and Nico were a lot of help but being the highest ranking Praetor, most of the work fell on her.

She was ready to call it a day; head back to her villa with her dogs, get some hot chocolate and sleep. But the world had other ideas.

There was a monster attack on the outer border of camp Jupiter, where most mortals were. Reyna Frank and a couple other demigods headed out to find the 3 Gorgon sisters attack a group of mortals
"Don't monster normally leave mortals alone?" Frank asked. "Yeah, but with all the shit that goes on, I'm not gonna question it." Reyna answered, not sound to much like she gave a crap.

"Move forward!" She cried out.

The group began to surround the scaled and ugly woman. The weapons all aimed to there hearts.
"Keep your eyes low! Don't need any one getting turned to stone!" Reyna yelled out to them.

"Don't listen to this silly girl," One hissed "Just take a quick look into my eyes." "DON'T LISTEN TO HER!" Reyna yelled, shutting her eyes tight "SHE'LL TURN YOU ALL TO STONE!" She turned and looked at the mortals who stood off to the side in fear "Close your eyes and cover your ears!" She yelled to them. Most listened to her. All but two, a teenage boy and young girl, both in the group of mortals. Reyna didn't notice them.

The group attacked, swinging there swords, spears and whatever other weapons they had on hand. The Gorgons blood spilled across the ground, send fear to one of the mortals who was watching the fight. Medusa turned to the two, ready for what would come next.

"Look at me children, look at my eyes." The hideous woman hissed. "NO! Your a monster!" The alder of the two cries. He shut his eyes tight and covered his ears. The young girl in-front of him did not.

She let out a blood curtailing scream before turning to stone. Reyna looked up at the child and almost screamed her self.

"NOO!" The older teen yelled before picking up a fallen sword, charging at Medusa and slicing her head clean off.

The group looked in shock as the monsters body went limp to the ground and her head went flying off to the side somewhere. The other two Gorgons were beaten, a mortal just killed Medusa and one mortal was dead.

Frank walked up to the group, who were still cowering in fear. "Y'all ok?" He asked.

They looked up at him, still very scared " yes, thank you." An older looking man said. "Those goons came outta know where!" He said stand up and helping his family to there feet. "Good they didn't see through the mist." Frank thought.

"What the fuck were those things!!!" The teen yelled. "Spoke to soon." "Uhhh, what do you mean?" Frank asked, trying to play dumb.

The teen looked wide at them. "What the hell do you mean, 'what do you mean'! I mean why the hell was Medusa and her sisters trying to kill us!?"