Chapter Seventeen: Arrla

Thalia's POV
He stood me up.

I waited for two hours for the Prince to join me for dinner but he stood me up. It's not that he wasn't in the palace. He was. He just didn't come to the dinner he set up and he never even bothered to say why.

I am not even mad at him.

I am mad at myself for making him this way. He was so nice to me and I treated him unfairly. I have never had to apologize to a man, especially one who is supposed to be my husband but I have to try.

I know he wakes up early and I would like to have breakfast with him even if he wishes to have it later with his family. Fay agreed to carry the tray for me. It was an argument in the kitchen about protocol. They wouldn't let me cook breakfast for my husband to be and they wouldn't let me be the one to serve what they made. According to the chef who made the meal, he must present the meal to His Highness but it takes the personal touch out of what I'm trying to do. Day one in the palace and I think the chefs hate me.

The guards let us into the Prince's bedroom. It's a long hallway with walls lined with art. It leads into a formal living room.

"You can set it down here." I pointed to a table in the middle of the sitting set up. "Thank you Fay. I can take it from here."

"All the best my lady." She curtsied before she left Reli's bedroom. It's quiet in here. Is he asleep or possibly, is he not here?

I wandered to the large window facing his private garden. He and his grandmother share a view. I can see Arrla lying care free next to the fountain. How can something so big and vicious be so cute? Lying upside down? Really? I laughed to myself.

"Good morning." His voice made me smile but his expression ripped it right off my face. He doesn't look happy to see me but I guess he has to be nice to me.

"Good-"

"What do you want?" He got to the point.

Maybe not so nice. He pulled his wet hair into a ponytail.

"Pardon the uninvited visit Your Highness but I would like to have breakfast with you." I gestured to the table.

He held his hands at his waist. "Why?"

"Reli come on!"

He folded his arms behind his back. "Don't get comfortable with my first name. I'll have you thrown out. I'm your Prince, you won't call me by my first name."

"Are you... Are you ever going to let it go?"

"Ah... No!" He nearly rolled his pretty eyes at me. "You ran off to fool around with someone after you damn well knew that I want to marry you. You come back wearing his t-shirt... only! Everyone saw your disgrace! What were you two doing? According to Stephen you were found in his bedroom. So..."

"Nothing happened."

"Nothing? Really? So I'm supposed to believe that a girl as beautiful as you was alone with a man all night doing what exactly? Reading poetry? Do you think I'm shallow and I don't know how it works?"

I didn't realize it but he is getting closer to me.

The first time he spoke to me my heart raced because of the pull he had on me. This time, I can sense he's upset.

"Okay, Your Highness." I purposely stepped back and tried to put distance between us. "There was kissing. There was touching. There was a lot of more kissing not just... on the lips. I feel embarrassed. I'm sorry but we didn't have sex. That I promise."

He shook his head. He checked what was under the covered plates. "Sit down."

I took a seat but he patted the spot next to him.