One Of My Happiest Moments| Karlex

There were two times she was ever this happy, first on her wedding day and now, holding her children for the first time. Karma moved the edge of the blanket Tyler was swaddled in out of his face, his face cutely scrunching up. Alex sat on the edge of the bed next to her holding Taylor, their daughter and the heir of the throne.
He moved the strands of hair stuck to her face away and kissed the top of her head, a smile never leaving his face, "I'm proud of you,"
She gave him a tired smile, "Enjoy it now because I'm never doing this again."
He chuckled, "I'm enjoying every moment of it dear, except the part of you being in pain and almost breaking my hand."
"Yeah, sorry about that." She laughed slightly.
Alex smiled and gave her a quick kiss as two nurses came in, telling them how the twins needed to be taken to be checked out. Karma nodded, handing Tyler over reluctantly as Alex carefully moved Taylor to the other nurse's waiting arms, he looked like he was afraid he might drop her. She smiled slightly at him as the nurses whisked their children away.
He smiled more and sat next to her on the bed, being careful not to jostle her too much. She laid her head on his shoulder, completely exhausted, but a ghost of a smile never leaving her face.
"Get some sleep Karma," he said softly, "you look like you're about to keel over."
She chuckled slightly, "Thanks Alex,"
"Anytime dear,"
She rolled her eyes but smiled, settling back on the pillows.
"I love you," He smiled, carefully undoing the messy bun she had her hair in so he could run his fingers through her hair.
"I love you too," She whispered.
He saw her falling asleep and pulled a blanket over her, kissing her forehead.
Alex watched her fall asleep with a smile, his fingers running through her dark hair. He laid there, not being able to wipe the smile off his face, enjoying one of the happiest times of his life.

Karlex Song of the Chapter ~ Tee Shirt, Birdy