The Rumor| Clavan

She entered the room dreading of what she would have to face, everyone should've read Illéa Insider by now and would have seen the rumor of her scandal. It wasn't true. She and Atlas hadn't even spoken more than a few words to each other, after all she did break his heart to be with Evan. Clarissa looked at the faces in the Great Room, some noticed her with distasteful looks and others ignored her. The one that stung the most was from her own husband, the hurt and angered look on his face made her heart shatter into millions of fragments. She realized they had all believed it. Evan got up out of his seat and stormed out of the room, brushing past her.
"Evan," she went to follow him out before someone snapped.
"Leave him alone, haven't you done enough damage?" It was Jay. How could one of her best friends think she would do such a thing?
Clarissa turned and looked at the royals and selected sat in the room, she didn't try and his the hurt on her face, "I did not cheat on him, I would never do such a thing!"
They all stayed quiet, not daring to speak as she sat away from everyone. One by one, people began to trickle out, not sparing so much as a glance her way. And in no time, the room was empty leaving Clarissa alone to drown in her own hurt and humiliation of the rumor. The room was empty until he walked in.

Atlas rushed in, in search of the fellow royals. He would never participate in such an act even though he still loved Clarissa, but as a sister. He saw her at the other side of the room, head in hands, and her dark hair swirling around her arms.
"Clarissa?" He called softly, Atlas couldn't describe how bad he felt for her.
She tensed and looked up, her eyes watery. She looked as if she was forcing herself to keep it together.
He crossed the room and sat next to her, pulling her into a hug. No one else seemed like they were going to comfort her and he wasn't just going to leave her to deal with this on her own, it was his mess too. She hesitated for a moment before burying her face in his chest.
He rubbed her back, "Just let it out," He whispered.
It started slowly at first and soon her shoulders were shaking as she began to sob into his chest.
"They all hate me," she cried as Atlas hugged her, feeling sorry for her.
"I didn't even do anything wrong and they all hate me."
The tears continued to pour from her eyes, soaking his crimson button up but be didn't move to stop her, he was going to be a friend because it seemed like he was the only friend she had at the moment.
"And on top of it, I'm pregnant." Clarissa sniffled, "I was going to tell him before but now I can't."
If he felt bad for her before, he felt worse now. Atlas felt like the worst person alive and he hadn't even done anything.
"I have to go, get out of here before I cause anymore trouble to anyone." She said after the tears subsided, "I have to go."

_____________________________

There was a different feel in the atmosphere as the royals and selected sat in the Great Room, only one person absent. Evan looked down at his hands, Clarissa had left some time in the night because when he went to go get some clothes this morning, all her stuff was gone. He had searched the entire palace but she was nowhere to be found. His heart ached for different reasons: the rumor that she had cheated, how she had left without so much as a goodbye (even though he didn't blame her), the new rumor of their divorce, and how when Atlas explained how it wasn't true. Everyone had turned against her and drove her to the decision to leave.
Evan put his head in his hands, there was no coming back from this, if he ever did see her again. He knew that if Clarissa wanted to disappear, they'd never see or hear from her again.
A large hand was placed on his back, "I'm sorry man," River said apologetically.
Evan said nothing, all he wanted was his wife back safely in his arms so he could shower her with kisses and tell her how sorry he was. He should've believed her in the first place, he didn't know why he didn't trust her when she said it wasn't true. He let everyone attack her and make her feel unwanted and hated. His poor Clarissa, he would make sure she was never treated like this again. It was his job to protect her and he had failed miserably.
Loud footsteps thundered into the room.
"Luca?" Jays voice sounded.
"It's Clarissa," Luca breathed sounding winded.
Evans head shot up, anxious for what he was about to say.
"She was in a severe car accident and is being treated for injuries in the hospital."
Evans heart broke. He needed to see her now, "I need to see her," His voice came out broken and desperate.
Luca hesitated for a moment, "She's in intensive care, Evan, you won't be able to see her at the moment."
His world was completely shattering around him and it was all his fault.