Chapter 5

The next day, I unfortunately have to go to the MMA gym to do some work. Dad and Zayden had to take care of a gun shipment and are going to discuss the future business with Mikhail and Roman. Zayden and Roman will come to the gym later, so that makes me feel a little better.

Fortunately, Josh isn't here right now and I can relax while walking up to the office. Dante stands outside the office, and I've told him that he can use the bathroom in here if he needs to. That way, he's always close and I don't have to explain why I want to lock the door if he leaves for just a few minutes.

Around 5 pm, I decide that it's time to go home. I grab my purse and walk out of the office. Dante follows me down the stairs and I see Roman sparring with one of our fighters in one of the cages. His coach stands outside of the cage and yells to him in Russian.

Zayden sits on a bench and watches them, then calls me over when he sees me. "Hey, Sienna, come and watch for a while."

I sit down next to him and Dante goes to stand by the wall.

"How did it go today?" I ask Zayden a little quietly so no one else can hear us.

"Really well. Joining up with Roman and Mikhail will be really good. I mean, we already work with them, but having Roman here and expanding will be really good for business. It will make everything so much easier. Roman is just as mean when it comes to business as he is in the cage. You should have seen him barking out orders in Russian to his men. I thought dad and I were strict when it comes to business, but he's even worse," he says, chuckling. "I'm glad that we're friends and not enemies."

We sit there and watch him spar. I don't mind watching him, not at all actually. It's like he found out how to train every single muscle in his body just the right amount to make his body perfect, and now it's glistening with sweat, but he doesn't seem to be tired. He punches hard, he kicks hard, and he calculates every move from his opponent. He gets him down easily and gets him to tap out.

I look to my right when the door to the locker room opens. Josh walks out and smirks cockily when he sees me. I look down and try to control my breathing so Zayden won't notice anything, but on the inside, I'm freaking out.

He walks over to us like nothing ever happened. "Hey, Zayden. Hi, Sienna," he says with a smile on his lips, and I shudder. "Looks like I will be getting some more competition this year."

"Yeah, you better step it up a notch if you want to go against Roman," Zayden says, smirking.

"Don't worry, I will," he says cockily and walks away to the treadmills.

Zayden chuckles and shakes his head.

If he knew what he had done, he wouldn't be chuckling right now.

I give him a tight smile and turn towards the cage again. Roman stands leaning with his forearms over his head against the cage and locks eyes with me.

He didn't see my reaction, did he?

His coach starts talking to him in Russian and Zayden walks over to talk to him.

"I will see you at home," I say to him and quickly leave with Dante behind me. I can feel Josh's eyes on me when I walk out.

Dante opens the back door to the SUV for me, and when I've gotten in and he's closed the door, I let out a shaky breath before he jumps into the driver's seat.

"Are you okay, Sienna?" Dante asks me a little worriedly when he drives off and looks at me through the rearview mirror.

I know that he notices too. He's with me every time I leave the house, and he's known me since I was little.