Chapter 3

ROMAN

Zayden shows me their MMA gym. They had just started building it the last time I was in America, and it looks great. It's modern and has all the equipment one could need. It won't be a problem getting my training done here.

The plan is to go back and forth to Russia, but I will be spending a lot of time here to focus on the fights I've planned. Running our businesses with dad is the main priority, but he wants me to keep pursuing my dream of fighting too, so he's giving me some slack at the moment. I will be in charge of the weapon distribution here with the Amoretto's right now.

The house I'm building is big enough to share with my parents since they won't be here that often, but it will be my house to live in, so I've decorated it accordingly. The plan was for it to be ready by now, but there will be another week until we can move in, so the Amoretto's were kind enough to let us stay with them. We usually stay at a hotel, but mom and dad wanted to spend some time with them now when they are here, and it's more convenient since we need to discuss our new plan for the weapon distribution.

I've brought a few of our men and guards with me from Russia. They will be living here with me and we're setting up our own estate with smaller houses for them to live in, just like the Amoretto's. Our estates are not far apart and the land we own borders to theirs.

Since training and fighting has been my main focus when being in America, I haven't spent much time with the Amoretto's, but my parents are close to them, and joining forces with them even more will be a good deal for both of our businesses. Together, we will have the upper hand in the weapon industry, and no one will hopefully be stupid enough to mess with us.

I met Zayden and Sienna about 5 years ago. Zayden was only 15 then, and Sienna 17. She was a beauty even then, but I knew better than to make a move. One, we live countries apart. Two, even if mom and dad would happily join me and her together, it wouldn't go well if it ended badly. Business comes first. And three, she was only 17 at the moment and we were too young.

I've always been respectful toward women. It's the way I've been brought up, but that doesn't mean that I didn't need to spread my wings. She's an Amoretto. They are our friends and business partners. She wasn't anyone I could just have casual sex with and then move on.

But now, I'm 26 and have started to look at things a little differently. I don't hook up with random girls as much as I did before.

Some say that it's good to get a release before a fight to release tension and boost your performance psychologically. Some say that it's the other way around and that it weakens your energy. For me, it's been better to not have sex the week before a fight. It gets me more on edge and heightens my testosterone levels, which in return causes me to fight better and more aggressively. After the fight, I've felt like sex is one of my rewards after being absent for a week.

Seeing Sienna now, 5 years later, when she walks into the kitchen of their home, it sure as hell heightens my testosterone levels just by looking at her. She's fit, not like bulgy muscles, but you can tell that she takes care of herself and works out...and she still has curves in all the right places.

Fucking hot curves.

Her face is as sweet as I remember, but she looks more like a woman than a girl now. She's got thick brown hair, and those beautiful pale-green eyes.

She's beautiful...but she's also off limits. Like I said, even if I would want more than just fooling around with her, she's an Amoretto. I can't let my feelings hurt our business if it doesn't go well.

Zayden asks her if she wants to join us to go to Empire, their nightclub, after dinner, but she says no without even considering it.

Even if I haven't met her that many times before, I noticed that she was always smiling and happy. Now, it's like she's a different person, but I guess growing up can do that to some. From what I've heard from my parents, she takes her work and the family business very seriously even if she doesn't involve herself in the illegal parts.