Chapter 2

SIENNA

"The Zhakarov's are coming next weekend," dad says while we're having dinner.

Mikhail Zhakarov is an important business associate of ours. His family is the one we're dealing most of our weapon distribution with. We both sell and buy weapons from them. If they can't get a hold of a certain weapon, dad can find it for them, and the other way around.

Dad and grandpa never involved anyone from our illegal businesses with our private life, but Mikhail and his family are a lot like ours. Almost exactly like ours. They value their family and treat them well. They get respected and respect others who earn it. Mikhail doesn't let his wife get involved with the dangerous parts, and his son, Roman, is the one who will take over one day, just like Zayden. I have no interest in it since I don't want to involve myself in those parts.

Mikhail and dad have gotten close over the years, and they are here from time to time. His wife Annabella is originally from Italy, so Roman can speak both Russian, English and Italian fluently, but has a Russian accent.

It's kind of hot.

Roman is 26 years old and an MMA fighter. Unlike Zayden, he competes. He's one of the top-ranking fighters in Russia and has been here in America a few times for fights. They always stay at a hotel and I've never been to one of his fights, so I'm not that close with him. The last time I saw him, I was 17 and he was 21. His parents visit more often, so I'm closer with them, but it's been about 2 years since I last saw them.

I had a little crush on Roman before. Nat did too. I think everyone has, because he's hot. Really, really hot.

Russian and Italian. What can go wrong?

But now, I don't want his attention either. Josh kind of took that away from me. That exciting feeling of feeling someone's eyes on you, or having a crush. Someone has to respect the hell out of me and treat me really, really well if I'm going to be able to let someone in. And I don't know if I want to. I just want to focus on work.

"Roman has a fight the weekend after," dad continues. "I told them that they could stay with us since their house isn't quite finished yet. There are only a few details left, so they will probably be able to move in a week after they have arrived."

They started building a house here next to our estate. They are going to be here a lot since Roman has fought and won over every other high-ranking fighter in Russia and wants some other competition. They also need to be here a little more for dad and their business that they are going to expand together. Mikhail and his wife will travel back and forth from Russia a lot, but Roman will be living here for a while from what I've gathered since he's competing here. He has his own coach with him and will use our MMA gym to train in.

I don't know how he gets the time to both compete and run their business along with his dad, but from what dad has told us, he's disciplined as fuck.

Mom and his mom, Annabella, get along well, and Mikhail is a kind man to those who are close to him even if he's strict, but so is dad. Maybe that's why they get along so well. We have a big house so it won't be a problem having them here for a few days. Zayden is really excited about it. He and Roman will probably spend most time at the MMA gym anyway. I can work and do my thing without getting bothered.

I go to the diner the next day and do some work there⸺Dante is with me, of course⸺then go over to the gym in town since it's close. I can usually do most work from home regarding the paperwork, but I have to check up on the businesses too.

Zayden has taken over most of the responsibility over Empire. Dad says that he's getting too old for clubbing, and Zayden doesn't mind. He's not 21, so he can't take full responsibility yet, and he can't drink, but I know that he does anyway.