5.The Bridge Mission Begins!

Start from the beginning

Pain was not even fazed by the anger. He just continued to write his paperwork.

"So you met him? He is a new recruit from somewhere. He didn't even tell us the name of the village he is from." Pain said. 

This is a great problem. I sense some evil power beyond my ability. Why does he look like Kakashi? Obito thought, frantically trying to figure what was going on. 

Is it Kakashi under the guise of Noka? Obito thought, worried. 

No. It cannot be Kakashi as he has no hatred towards his village. Obito thought. But that still does not tell me who he really is. So its quite useless to feel relieved. I have to be extremely careful or else.... I don't even want to think about it. 

Konohagakure
In the mean time

"JIJI!" Naruto shouted in a cheerful voice, making Hiruzen jump up a little from his sit. 

"Ah! Naruto, its you! You should not scare the daylights out of an old man or he will get a heart attack." Hiruzen joked. 

"Oh! I didn't know that you have a weak heart." Naruto replied cheekily. 

The right eyebrow of the man known as Professor twitched slightly and a staredown began between them with sparks forming in the middle of space between them, before Hiruzen gave up.

"I win again." Naruto said as he blinked after Hiruzen looked away. 

"Ahem! I believe that we have a business here." They heard Iruka saying. 

"Ah! Iruka sensei. Its been a long time since I last saw you." Naruto said as Iruka smiled genuinely. 

"So, why have you come here? Missions?" Hiruzen asked. 

"Yes Jiji." Naruto said.

"Since you have completed all the required D rank missions, I believe that you are ready for your first C rank mission. Since you don't have any teammates, I believe that I must take an initiative and I have decided to introduce you to two genins who passed the academy last year. Please come in." Hiruzen said as the door opened and in came Tenten and Neji. 

"Hello! My name is Uzumaki Naruto. Dattebayo. Nice to meet you." Naruto held out his hand to Tenten, who smiled.

"Hey Naruto! My name is Tenten and the emo boy here is Neji." Tenten said.

"Fate has decreed that we will complete anything whatever is thrown at us." Neji said with a smirk, only to be smacked by Tenten on his head. 

"DIDN'T I MAKE IT CLEAR THAT YOU WILL NOT BE RUDE TO OUR NEW  TEAMMATE, YOU IDIOT!" Tenten angrily said in a loud voice. 

The rest just sweatdropped at the amusing scene.

"Why cannot I just get a normal teammate?" Tenten said as he placed her hand on her forehead dramatically, much to the amusement of the spectators. 

"Ahem! I believe that we should focus on the main matter." Hiruzen interrupted. 

"Ah yes! Sorry Hokage sama." Tenten smiled in a sheepish manner. 

"As I was about to say this will just be test mission which, if you succeed as per Kakashi here, I will sign an order to declare the three of you as Team 7. In other words, you will officially become teammates as per the 190th rule of Shinobi laws, which was added recently." Hiruzen said. 

"THAT'S AMAZING! FINALLY I WILL BE ABLE TO EXIT CRAZY TEAM OF MINE!" Tenten shouted in joy, before her face suddenly turned serious. 

"But what about Gai sensei and Lee?" 

"Ah! They will be recognized as Master and apprentice since they have close connection to each other than the two of you." Hiruzen said. 

"Based on your experiences I will decide whether I should announce the change in team or it will remain the same. But  keep in mind that all these changes will take place after Chunin exams which will be held soon. I have plans to nominate the Team 9 in the exam. But Naruto will have to give the exam all alone just like Itachi was in the previous generation. Will you take the exams if such opportunity arises?" Hiruzen asked as he looked pointedly towards Naruto, who placed his fingers on his chin in thoughtful manner. 

"Yes jiji. I will take the exams if I am recommended." Naruto said with determination in his eyes. 

"BUT HOKAGE SAMA! THE ENEMIES WILL TRY TO KILL HIM." Iruka shouted, quickly activating mother hen mod, but only to be interrupted by Hiruzen who raised his hand to stop him.

"Yes. I am aware of that. And I am also aware that he has a special kekkei genkai which he will be mastering by himself with the scrolls I will provide him. He has also proved to be very capable of handling serious situations with a cool head as per Kakashi's bell test which I saw using my crystal ball" Hiruzen said. 

By now, everyone in Konoha knew about Naruto's new power and it is still a popular discussion in Konoha rumor mill. So, no one was surprised at the information. 

Iruka opened his mouth to say something but closed his mouth, unwilling to challenge the authority of the Hokage.

"About the mission, anbu. Send Tazuna in." Hiruzen ordered as the anbu brought a man in. 

"So these brat will be protecting me. I thought that I had requested for professionals."  A man with a bottle of booze in his hands remarked. 

Everyone just stayed silent. 

"The shortest one here looks like an idiot." Tazuna said as Naruto broke out laughing and looking towards Tenten and Neji before realizing that he was the one who was the shortest of all.

Immediately, he swung his arm while showing great anger on his face. 

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING ME AN IDIOT? YOU HAMMERED OLD MAN!" Naruto shouted before he was quickly caught by Tenten and Neji, while Kakashi just remarked "I am not paid enough to deal with this s**t." 

"And did you just call me an hammered old man? I ought to beat you up for that you idiot!" Tazuna shouted angrily, staring towards Naruto, who in turn stared back as spark could be seen forming between them.

"Ahem! Ahem!" The hokage coughed "So as I was sa-" He was cut off by Naruto. 

"SHUT UP YOU PERVY OLD MAN!" Naruto shouted as he continued to  stare towards Tazuna, who suddenly had a look of fear on his eyes.

"YES! I WON" Naruto shouted before wondering why the room suddenly turned cold amd why Tenten and Neji released him.

That idiot! He is dead! Kakashi thought as he saw a man with a ponytail appearing behind Naruto. 

"N....A.....R...U...T...O" He heard someone shouting behind him before feeling an immense pain on his head. 

Somewhere in the room, the anbus started shivering out of fear. 

"AND NEVER CALL HIM AN OLD MAN! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" Iruka shouted as Naruto kneeled down on the ground with a lump forming on his head. 

The Hokage coughed again before giving the details of the mission.

Kakashi: The Nightingale outfit is a famous outfit of the game named Skyrim. 

Obito: About the Nora Kurianagi, the man is not an OC. He is actually.....well I am not going to reveal that.

Kakashi: As usual, we hope that you liked this chapter and as usual keep reading and....

Obito: PEACE OUT!!!!!!!