Chapter Forty Six

Start from the beginning

"Mason had a vanishing twin." Deaton informed my brother.

"Now we've got a vanishing Mason." Stiles quipped.

"What's that have to do with him turning into a 250-year-old French guy?" Liam asked.

"How does that even happen? Shouldn't that be impossible?" Isaac asked.

"Almost everything this year has been impossible." I pointed out, running a hand down my face in frustration.

"Hold on, Scott might have something." Deaton said, looking at my brother. "Mason's twin wasn't entirely gone. That's what made him a Genetic Chimera."

"The DNA was still there." Scott surmised.

"Metaphorically speaking, the DNA of Mason could still be inside Sebastien as well." Deaton said.

"How?" Stiles asked.

"Life is energy. Energy doesn't just disappear." Deaton explained. "The Dread Doctors may have found a way to break the rules of the supernatural world but there are some rules that simply won't break."

"So Mason can't just be gone?" Liam asked.

"Somewhere in Sebastien he has to still exist in some form. A spark of energy, a flicker of memory." Deaton responded.

"Hang on." Stiles said quietly. "Liam, you said Mason said something right before he turned."

"He said, "That's not my name." Liam said.

"He finally remembered his name." Isaac realized.

"Damnatio Memoriae." Stiles said.

"That's what they wanted." Liam pointed out.

"They wanted Sebastien to remember his name." I added.

"Scott, you know the myth of what happens when you call a werewolf by its given name?" Deaton asked.

"It turns back to human." Scott answered.

"What does that mean? Someone can just walk up to the Beast, yell Mason's name and turn him back?"Liam asked confused.

"Not someone." Scott said.

"Lydia." Stiles finished with a sigh.

"Okay first things first. How are we supposed to get out of here?" I said looking at the door.

~

We finally made it to the tunnels with an injured Lydia. Lydia was attacked by The Beast in the police station. He cut her throat with his claws and damaged her vocal chords. Thankfully, Melissa was able to give her a cortisone shot that gave her the ability to use her banshee powers. Even for just for a bit.

Stiles had gone to Scott's house to find Malia. Scott had some secret project he'd been working on for her. Stiles was tasked with giving it to Malia. Kira had left town. We weren't sure exactly why, but she promised she'd be back to help.

The rest of us were in the tunnels under Beacon Hill. The ones that the Dread Doctors kept their secret lab. Scott was positive The Beast was down here.

An electrical buzzing sound stopped us in our tracks. "Scott?" Liam whispered. "Do you hear that?"

"I heard that." Lydia said. 

"We all heard it." Isaac announced.

"Lydia, save your voice." Scott told her. Liam looked down and pushed Lydia.