Chapter 41

Monica's P.O.V.

My whole body aches as I stare at the bleary faces. I blink my eyes quite a few times before the faces become clear and yet I don't find the face I'm looking for. Maybe Rohan sees that look on my face because he smiles and nods at me.

"I'll call him, don't worry," he says as he squeezes my hand before speaking on the call.

While he talks on phone, mom fussed over me and then adjusts the bed so it is in a comfortable way and mom helps me in drinking the water. The doctor comes and checks up on me and tells us that they'll keep me here another day before I can leave. After the doctor leaves mom and dadry to indulge me into talking but I don't even pay attention to them as I wait for Sunil to come and maybe mom and dad know it because they stop talking halfway and just talk between them. The door to my hospital room creaks open and Sanjana and Sunil walk in. I smile in his direction but he seems frozen as he stares at me. I try not to wince as the right side of my chest starts pricking with pain.

"It's good to see you Monica, I'm so happy you're awake but we'll just you know...." Rohan trails off and they all walk out of the room, giving us privacy.

"Are you going to just stand there Sunil?"

He looks at me and shakes his head, tears welling in his eyes. I motion for him to come closer and he shakes his head.

"You want me to come to you Sunil? Because if I could, I would but please come here, I... I want to hug you,"

"You're hurt,"

"But I want to hug you,"

"I don't want to hurt you," he says as a tear rolls down his cheek.

"And you're hurting me by not hugging me,"

"Monu,"

"Fine then, don't hug me, don't do anything just stand there like an asshole, go call our family if you are just going to stand there,"

He doesn't say anything as he moves closer to me and hesitantly wraps his arms around me. When I wrap my uninjured hand, he tightens his arms around my waist and his shoulders start shaking as he starts crying. I rub his back and smile at him as I pull away and wipe his tears.

"You look adorable," I murmur as I bop his nose which is red at the tip because of crying.

"I was so scared, there was only blood, I thought I'd lost you, I... I couldn't even check on you because the blood really messed up and I called Rohan and Sanjana, I couldn't even look at you without puking my guts because of the blood, I was so scared I'd just gotten you back and I didn't want you to leave so soon,"

I don't say anything as I pull him in a hug, tears welling in my own eyes as I listen to his sobs. He holds my hand as he wipes his face before giving me a small smile and once again crushes me to his chest.

"I'm never leaving you alone now," he grumbled as he cradled my face and stared at me.

"You're staring Sunil," I mumbled after 5 minutes of silence.

"I know,"

"Will you stop?"

"No,"

"You look like a creep,"

"You're my wife, I get to stare at you right?" He asks as he frowns.

"Of course, but I'm hungry,"

"I'll ask someone to get food for you,"

"And I even want to meet our family,"

He nods before getting up and calling our family inside. Sunil sits next to me and holds my hand tightly as our family walks in. Sanjana hugs me tightly as soon as she walks in and holds my other hand as she sits on the stool next to me.

"I'm so--"

Before Sanjana can finish her sentence, the door opens and in walk the two people whom I never wanted to see in my life. My family tenses and I felt my eyes stinging which is a sign that I'm going to cry soon.

"What are you here for?"

My voice cracks as I ask them this question. Mr. Puri's face falls as he looks at me and the woman who has given me birth, just stares at me.

"Rohan, please escort them out, I don't want to talk to them, looking at them is making me sick,"

"Monica, this is no way to talk to you parents!"

Maybe it was wrong of my to do so but I burst out laughing. My mother's eyes widen and her face pinches in anger when she looks at me.

"My parents?! You of all people know better than to refer to me as your daughter, your daughter died the day you continued supporting your husband knowing what kind of work he does,"

"You--"

"I really don't want to have this conversation, please take pity at the fact that I was fucking raped because your husband failed and leave me alone," I scream.

"Ro,"

Rohan nods in Sanjana's direction before taking them out of the room.

"I'll come back with dinner okay?" Sanjana says and they all leave.

The moment the door closes, I burst out crying and Sunil doesn't hesitate in wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer.

"What did I ever do?"

"I'm so sorry baby,"

"I feel like so numb and so exhausted, I want to cry and scream, why me? What did I ever do? It was that asshole and yet for the fact that I'm his daughter I had to suffer? Why do I suffer? Why did I suffer?"

He doesn't say anything as he continues to hold me while my sobs die down.

"I'm sorry," I mumble after I can breathe again properly.

"Stop saying sorry,"

"I just feel so... I don't even have a word that describes what I'm feeling,"

____________________________
Hey guys,

I hope I didn't really keep you waiting for long(haha indeed I did and I'm sorry)

Love,
D❤