Chapter 13

When I was working in my office, I had realised that I'd gotten my periods, so I had to rush home without Rohan.

Now, as I sat in my room, studying the file in my hand, I groaned in frustration for the tenth time before I got up and stretched my sore muscles.

"Fucking cramps!" I whined and laid down on the bed in foetal position.

"Hey," Rohan greeted and I immediately sat properly.

"Hey," I said.

"You had dinner? Or you weren't hungry because mom said you didn't come down to eat dinner, now that you're on your periods, you need to eat more proteins! She said maybe you were waiting for me to come home..." He trailed off with a goofy smile on his face.

"Don't boost your ego Rohan, I was busy with the file and forgot about dinner," I said as I looked down at the file.

I heard a sigh and approaching footsteps.

"You know, sometimes it's okay to tell the truth," he said and I looked up at him before narrowing my eyes.

"The truth?"

"Sonia had told me how beneath all that hard nature, there is a romantic baby, and also how you always loved that your parents always ate together, even when he was late, she would wait for him,"

"I may be a romantic baby but I sure as hell didn't wait for you," I said.

"Sure Sanjana, whatever helps you sleep at night," he said with a lopsided smile before walking inside the closet.

"Fucking Sonia!" I muttered and walked downstairs to the dining room.

Mom and dad were in the living room eating dessert while they watched TV so I heated up the dinner and served two plates. Rohan grinned as he sat down opposite me and started eating food while he discussed with me his latest case that he was supervising.

"I also want a love like you and mom," I'd told dad.

"You will surely find one," he'd told me, his eyes twinkling as he had stared at mom.

"Sanjana,"

"Earth to Sanjana," Rohan's voice brought me back from my present self.

"Yeah,"

"Where were you lost?"

"Nowhere," I mumbled as I focused on eating the rice.

As we were done, Rohan washed the dishes since he insisted on doing it and I sat on the kitchen stool watching me, to give him company.

"You want to eat ice-cream?" I offered as I pulled open the fridge and served myself some chocolate ice-cream.

"No, I don't like ice-cream," he said as he wiped his hands on his t-shirt.

"Haha, how funny,"

"I'm serious Sanjana, I really don't like ice-cream,"

"Oh my goodness," I whispered as I shook my head.

I couldn't believe this.

"I don't hate it, I just dislike it, there's a difference Sanjana," he said with a smile before walking out of the kitchen.

I finished eating the ice-cream and by the time I'd reached my room, my cramps had increased top-notch. I whimpered and slid into the blankets and curled up in a ball.

"Sanjana,"

"What?"

"Here,"

"Hmm?"