Chapter 17

"Ah freak, I'm so late," I muttered as I jerked the umbrella to get rid of the excess water.

I look up and my eyes widened.

"What the fuck is happening in here?"

The two goons who held Rohan and Sunil, smirked in my direction.

"And who must you be little firecracker?"

I cringed at the nickname.

"That can blow up your ass!"

"Feisty, boss would love her,"

The man's comment irked Rohan because he slammed his head back so that it slammed against his face.

"Don't talk to her like that," he hissed.

"Ae chotu, what are you waiting for?" That man said and a small guy moved forward.

"Haha, you wouldn't want to come near me, I hate it when unfamiliar men touch me and--"

I couldn't finished the sentence as the man held my hand and tugged on it. My reflexes got the best of me and I slammed the umbrella on his head.

"Don't say I didn't warn you, you son of a bastard!" I snapped and I kept hitting him with the umbrella.

Unfortunately, the umbrella gave out and broke and I resorted to my fists and kicks. My fighting must have motivated the people around me because they also started fighting.

I head butted on guy and held him by his collar as his eyes glazed over.

"Now who sent you here?"

"The MLA,"

"Good to know and why did they send you here?"

"I don't know," he said and I slapped him once before letting him drop on the ground.

"Guys!"

They all looked at me.

"Let them go and take a message to the MLA that we are not backing off the case and that I will not rest until those son of bastards are under bars or better yet given a death penalty," I spat in those goons' face before I walked over to Rohan whose lips were busted and nose was bleeding.

"Nice skills,"

"I'm a Kung Fu black belt Rohan," I said. 

"Oh thank you for telling me, now I know never to get on your bad side,"

"That MLA won't leave you," one of the goon grunted and I flipped him off as I led Rohan to his office.

"Come on, let's put a bandage on your cuts," I said as I settled him down on the sofa and rummaged his drawer for a first-aid kit.

"There it is," I muttered as I walked to his side.

I cleaned his cut and put the anti-septic cream on the cut and then bandaged it, all the while ignoring how close we actually were.

"There you're done,"

"Thank you," he said softly as he stared at me.

"You're--you're welcome,"

°

It was two weeks after the incident that I realised how powerful the MLA must be.

"Hello ma'am,"

"Yes who's this?"

"We're calling on behalf of Mr. Mehra, he met with a minor accident--"

"He's alive right?"