When he saw her standing beside his commander's tent, an exhausted look on her face, his thoughts didn't get much father.

Caldor realized he couldn't just approach her, especially since she was the daughter of his High Lord.

He didn't want to seem disrespectful since his High Lord has given him so much. But, on the other hand, if she needed something, wouldn't it be rude of him not to approach her?

He approached her gently, making sure to make some noise so as not to startle her.

"Are you alright, High Princess?"

***

It has been a couple days since then. He'd be training, and she'd come to the Camp with his Commander, and they'd talk until she had to leave.

He'd run into her while roaming through Velaris on occasion, and he'd offer to help her with her bags and belongings.

This was one of those nights, but unlike the others, he had no intention of running into her.

It was a quiet and still night. The stars were obscured by the clouds in the sky, but the moon shone brightly until they quickly covered it up.

Caldor couldn't sleep that night, his nightmares haunting him.

He'd awoke in sweat and tears. His heart was beating with fear.

He crept out of his shared tent, expecting to clear his thoughts with a walk.

He hadn't expected to see her, the rain pouring down on her.

She had the appearance of a ghost. Her nightgown was soaked and see-through, her skin was paler than usual, and her hair was dripping wet.

He realized he should've approached her and inquired as to why she was out here. If she's all right.

He couldn't do anything except stare.

Stare as she walked through the rain, as though she was dancing with it. She looked... different than before.

'Obviously she looks different!' He mentally cursed himself.

But that wasn't what he meant.

She looked free. Gentle.

The crown she donned, the jewelry she bore, everything. Everything about her screamed powerful. Dangerous.

No matter how quiet her voice sounded, or how soft her skin looked; she was still intimidating.

Now, though, she appeared frail, afraid, and sad.

It wasn't until she abruptly came to a halt that he knew something was wrong.

"Princess?"

Her ear moved as if she had heard him, but she didn't raise her head.

She didn't tumble to the ground until the second time he screamed out to her, louder and more urgent than the first.

The instinct to catch her kicked in. Careful with her head as she let out heavy breaths.

When his skin came into contact with her, he realized she was as cold as ice.

Her skin was sticky from the fever, and her skin was blue rather than pale.

Caldor lifted her up by slipping his arm under her thighs, taking care not to touch her too closely.

Her body relaxed on his almost instantly, as if she was too weak to object.

He returned her to the Training camp, using his wings as a blanket to keep her from getting any more soaked.

Caldor was wary of awakening his comrades. He clearly knew what the rest of the City would say as they speculated on why their High Princess was out late at night, soaked and half-naked.

He broke into his Commander tent, not caring as a silent alarm went off. Letting his Commander, The Spymaster, and his High Lord and Lady know that someone broke in.

He slid his High Princess into one of the chairs, gently adjusting her to make her more comfortable.

The lanterns suddenly lit up. The room was then invaded by shadows. They snaked their way to his High Princess until she was completely consumed in them.

Caldor collapsed to his knees, his head throbbing with pain.

When he looked up, expecting his Commander or High Lord to be above him, when he was greeted by the devils' gaze. With them, they carried a scent of blood.

A monster.

They gave Katherina a long look before settling on him, their eyes now gleaming, promising him a slow and horrible death.

"I'm going to kill you."