"All done," She grinned victoriously and leaned back in her chair, stretching out her limbs.

"I'm proud of ya," George spoke.

"Hmm? Why?" Charlotte stopped spreading out her arms and retracted them to her sides, looking at the man with a confused look on her face.

"Yer so independent, yer workin' towards a career and not many women do that. Ya got a goal and yer focused on achieving it through all the hardships and stuff, I'm proud of ya, and I'm happy that I'm the man that gets to stand beside ya and watch ya earn yer degree," He explained.

"Awww, thank you Geo, yeah, I want to carve my own path rather than just be a housewife,"

"And I'm happy for ya," George gazed into her silver-colored eyes.

"Well, I'm ready for bed, you?" She yawned, standing up from her chair and grabbing a nightgown to change into.

"Woah," George awed as she took off her clothes and slipped on her pajamas.

"George, you've seen me naked before, you're acting like a kid in a candy shop," Charlotte laughed, crawling into bed.

"Oh but it's a sight I'll never get over, yer so pretty, ya know that," He smirked, lightly tapping her cheek with his finger.

"Stop it," She blushed and rolled over so he couldn't see her face. "get changed if you're staying here tonight,"

"But I have nothin' to wear,"

"Then just wear one of my nightgowns," Charlotte giggled jokingly.

"Okay," George shrugged, getting up from the bed.

"Wait, I was just kidding—"

But it was too late, George had already shifted into a light pink lacy gown that traveled to his ankles.

"Ohh, this is comfy," He twirled around slightly, watching the fabric flow freely around him.

"No way," She laughed, sitting up to see him standing in front of her bed.

George slithered into bed next to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, dragging her down to lay next to him. And so they fell asleep in each other's arms peacefully, instantly falling into dreams.

...

Charlotte opened her eyes and felt the comfortable and familiar fabrics between her fingers. But she didn't recognize the room that she found herself in. It was made out of wood, presumably a bedroom inside a wood cabin. There was a fireplace on the other side of the room with a wooden mantle. A large antique grandfather clock stood next to it and the long gold pendulum slowly rocked back and forth.

She stood up from the mattress and traveled to a nearby window, gazing out the glass surface. Tall trees towered over the log cabin and snow fell to the ground, she was probably in the woods.

Suddenly, the door swung open and a man stepped inside the room, holding a steaming mug.

"Good morning, darling, fancy a cuppa?" John asked, lifting his cup.

"Darling? Why are you calling me darling?" Charlotte distanced herself from the mirror and sat down on the bed.

"Why? Well that's what ya like isn't it?" He furrowed his brows in confusion. "Besides, that's what couples call each other, like love, darling, sweetheart, honey, baby..."

John's voice trailed off as he shuffled down the hallway, presumably to go to the kitchen. She hurriedly rose from the furniture and rushed after the man, also while studying the interior design of the house.