Chapter 31: Take a Break

Start from the beginning

"Hey," Laura says to him before kissing him and pulling him into her embrace.

"This is an agent of some kind," I hear Tony say.

I slowly pull myself out of Lyon's hold and he looks at me, but I just nod. "Gentlemen, this is Laura," Clint says to the guys.

"I know all of your names," Laura tells them.

"Ooh, incoming," Clint says when we hear footsteps. I smile to myself already knowing who it is.

"Dad," Lila says with a bright smile as her and Cooper run to Clint.

"Hey, sweetheart," Clint says picking Lila up. "Hey, buddy," he then says hugging Cooper.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat and Auntie Eva?" Lila asks as Clint sets her down.

I smile before Natasha and I lock eyes. A smile graces her face making my heart warm. I look away and look over at Lila. "Why don't you hug them and find out?" Natasha says walking over and Lila runs to her. Natasha picks her up and I walk over to them.

"Hey, little one," I say to Lila and she smiles as I place a kiss on her forehead.

"Sorry for barging in on you," Steve says before Nat places Lila on the ground.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed," Tony tells Laura.

"Yeah, well, Fury helped , he set this up when I joined. He kept it out of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s files. I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low," Clint tells everyone.

"I missed you," Natasha says walking over to Laura, "How's little Natasha, huh?"

"She's Nathaniel," Laura tells her and I smile slightly at her words.

"Traitor," Natasha whispers towards Laura's stomach.

"It's good to see you Laura," I say walking to her.

"You too, Evalina," she responds with a bright smile.

I'm about to respond when I hear Natasha's voice in my head. 'I'm sorry, Bluejay,' I hear and I take a shaky breath.

"Excuse me," I tell them as I make my way to the back door. I quickly make my way outside and take a deep breath as I stand outside. I hear the door open and feel a familiar presence behind me.

I sigh quietly as I keep a stoic look on my face. "Evalina," Natasha says behind me, but I stand still.

"I got shot," I tell her as I look off into the yard, "I got shot and you left me."

Natasha sighs softly before walking up and standing next to me. "I had to," Nat says softly and I scoff and look at the ground.

"They were so far behind," I say as I look up and our eyes connect. "They were so far behind us. It all came back. Everything came back."

Natasha's eyes begin to glisten, but doesn't show her sadness. "Neither of us would have made it, lyubov. I had to do what I felt was right. I didn't want to leave you," Nat tells me as she places her hands on my cheeks, "I saw it too and it has made me feel more guilty knowing I left you."

My jaw tightens and I look down, but Natasha keep her soft hold on my face. I close my eyes as I feel her kiss my forehead. "We both had to relive our memories and I know that we need to rest. Come back inside and we will talk this out, but we need to freshen up. Okay?" Natasha finishes and I look back up at her before nodding.

Natasha smiles softly before kissing my cheek and wrapping her pinky around mine. I trail behind her as we make our way back inside and we go upstairs. We are given clothes by Laura before we make our way to the bathroom. "Bruce is in there, come on," Nat says before walking us over to another bedroom that has a bathroom.

I sit on the bed before Nat walks over to me. "I had this dream. The kind that seems normal at the time, but when you wake..." Natasha trails off and I look up at her.

"What did you dream?" I ask her.

"That we were Avengers," she tells me and I stand up from the bed.

"That we were anything more than the assassins they made us," Nat tells me and I sigh softly before she grabs my hand. "You mean the world to me, Evalina. I dream every night of what our life would be like if we got away together. If we did not have to suffer from our past. I want to have a future with you and if I could go back and fix my mistakes, I would, but if I fixed my mistakes I may have never made it back to you."

"I get that, Natasha, I do. The thing is is that you could of came back. You left me and never came back. Do you think it was easy escaping? I was watched over more than ever after we tried to escape," I exclaim to her quietly, but with anger evident in my voice.

I notice the conflict in Natasha as she sighs quietly. "Eva-," she starts before I cut her off and I remove my hand from her's.

"I feel like I forgave you so easily," I tell her and Natasha looks at me shocked as a tear falls down her cheek. "I almost died," I tell her, "I was supposed to go back to HYDRA. Whatever that Maximoff girl did to me made me remember everything that the Red Room and HYDRA wanted me to forget."

Natasha looks down and my heart breaks slightly at her movements. "I love you Natasha, but I think we need to take a break till this is over with Ultron," I tell her and Natasha quickly looks back up at me, "I'm not breaking up with you, but I just need time."

I take the clean clothes and I make my way to the door. I look back and Natasha and I lock eyes. More tears form in her eyes, but I walk out the room holding back the urge to hold her.

I make my way down the hallway looking for an empty room when Tony walks out of his. "Hey," he says softly and I send him a small smile. "Why aren't you with.." he starts saying but stops when I look down.

"We are taking a break right now," I say as I look up. Tony nods and opens the door to the room he was in and motions me inside.

"Take a shower and get some rest. Just let me know if you need anything, I'll be outside chopping up some wood with Capsicle," Tony tells me and I nod at his words.

Tony smiles softly before leaving the room and closing the door. I make my way the the bathroom and take my clothes off before entering the shower.

The warm water hits my body and my body relaxes. I lean back against the wall and close my eyes.

'Welcome to HYDRA,' I hear and I quickly open my eyes. My head begins to hurt and I groan and close my eyes as another memory appears.

"She is extremely young," the man in the memory says.

"She will be a great addition to HYDRA," the woman says, "She is a Stark after all."

My eyes shoot open as the memory disappears. "Stupid Maximoff's," I say to myself as I rub my head.

I quickly finish my shower and get dress. Once I finish, I lay in the bed as exhaustion takes over my body. I close my eyes and enter the dark abyss leaving the events of today behind.

~~~

Well then, that was some chapter. I hope you all enjoyed and happy holidays!

~ The Author