SEVENTEEN: Worried! Scared? & Past?!

[SEVENTEEN]

(Saturday Still Time 3:10 p.m.)

Dr. Sarah Evans Pearce's (POV)

I smile down at my baby as I run my finger over her nose and lightly bounce her. "Aubrey baby, it's time to wake up sleepy head."

I continue to caress her cheek and run my finger along her hairline until she starts to stir from her sleep. She starts yawning and stretching to wake herself up, which is completely adorable, then blinks and rubs her eyes.

"No, no baby, I don't want you to hurt yourself," I tell her softly, as I pull her hands away. She whimpers but blinks again as I rub her back, bouncing her some more. "There you go baby, let me see those beautiful eyes." She peeks them open and smiles before she stretches again and snuggles further into me while she starts to fully wake up.

I kiss Aubrey's face all over until I hear a light giggle and she pushes my face away slightly, smiling up at me. When I kiss her nose once more and she reaches up to pat my cheek I know she's still very little.

"Such a cute baby, yes you are!" She giggles again as Margaret comes back with her bottle.

"Is someone ready for a tasty bottle, hmm baby girl?" She just blinks and smiles at me so I take the bottle from my wife and gently move the nipple over her lips. She takes it, suckling eagerly, which makes me awe.

"I will never get over this babe. She's so precious!" Margaret says, her eyes fixed on Aubrey.

"I think that's something we can agree on!" Amelia adds. I smile at her and Gabby, who are also watching Aubrey intently.

I look back at my baby and lightly rock her as she's drinking her bottle and she plays with the ends of my hair. It makes me feel so relaxed, just taking care of her. Lost in my focus on Aubrey I'm oblivious to what Margaret and the girls are talking about, well that is until I hear the mention of breastfeeding and I freeze.

"Did I just hear what I think I heard?" I ask, looking up at them with arched brows.

They all laugh and I blush, feeling all kinds of emotions as I get goosebumps running all over my body. Margaret scoots closer to Aubrey and I, kissing my cheek.

"Relax baby, we were just discussing different options and things about littles," she explains.

I look over at Amelia and Gabby who are holding their laughter and I gulp, looking at Margaret shyly.

"Baby it's too soon for her, but umm..."

My wife blinks several times before responding. "Are you trying to tell me something?" she asks with her eyes wide.

I peek back over at a now giggling couple and roll my eyes before looking at Aubrey, who's finished her bottle but is still suckling away at it. I try to take it away from her so she's not sucking in air, but her grumpy little face tells me she's definitely not happy with that decision. I can't help chuckling at her reaction, but I bounce her and she calms down enough for Margaret to take the empty bottle, then I pull her into the burping position and pat her back lightly until she burps.

"Ever since you brought it up, I can't help but keep thinking about it honey," I start to explain to Margaret now that Aubrey's settled. "I decided yesterday it's something I want to try. It's just...I don't know if she'll want to. It's so early..."

They all look shocked and I roll my eyes again. "Seriously you three!" They laugh and I sigh as Margaret caresses my cheek, just as Aubrey burps.

"If that's what you really want, we should start now, love," Margaret tells me. "Doesn't it take a week or two to start up anyway?"