thirty-eight

Hey I'm back!

Sorry it's been a while, I did unfortunately get covid lol. I felt like I was dying for a good three days until i eventually started to feel better.

and thank you thank you thank you thank you for 170k!!!! aghhh

Hopefully you guys like this chapter! It might be a little messy because I took a few long breaks in between.

-

Annie

The next morning, I stepped into the shower and shut my eyes as I let the steaming water engulf my entire body.

My hair, my face, my arms, my legs.

The burn felt nice against my skin.

But no matter the amount of deep breaths I took, hot showers, sleeping, talking, reading, writing.

Absolutely nothing, could lead me to believe that my parents are separating.

Last night

"Annie...please don't tell them I told you this." Mariana plead. "I just really thought you should know."

I couldn't say anything, I couldn't even comprehend this, to be honest.

"I overheard my mom talking to yours and I couldn't sit here and not say anything." She says. "I know how hard it can be to have your parents separate."

I know they aren't the best married couple and they do argue a lot. I know.

But I never wanted them to separate.

I never wanted that.

"I'm just going to go to bed." I murmur.

Present

A part of me wants to erase this from my mind and continue on with my life as if things are normal. But then another part of me wants to understand the truth in all of it.

I don't want to believe it, but why would Mariana lie? She wouldn't.

Especially about something like that.

Loud knocking suddenly sounded from my bedroom door so I stepped out of the shower, quickly wrapped a towel around my body and padded over to the entrance.

I swung the door open before the loud noises could increase and to no surprise it was my mother.

"What are you doing?" She asks, shoving by me and into my room.

"What does it look like I was doing?" I say as she opened my closet doors. "I was taking a shower before you rudely interrupted me."

I tightened my mouth shut. I don't know where I'm getting this attitude from.

She rummaged through my clothes and made a mess while so. "Since when do you lock your door?" She questioned.

I could feel the suspicion brewing inside of her.

"I don't know...I just needed privacy."

She scoffed and pulled out the two dresses she had me try on yesterday.

"Young girls who sneak out to get drunk don't deserve privacy and you should know that." She argued. "Which dress are you wearing?"

I didn't have the energy to argue with her today so I stayed quiet and grabbed the cream colored dress from her hands.