twenty-one

Hi! So this chapter is basically chapter nineteen but in roman's pov

Enjoy :)

ROMAN

"I don't give two fucks about this Jo."

Jonah kicked the beanbag chair I sat in while I scoffed at him for the 500th time.

"Just listen to me. . . if mermaids, aliens, and all that other conspiracy shit came out in the public? it would be gone in days." he mentioned again, talking with his hands.

He is way to passionate about this shit.

I nodded my head, not caring at all but showing him that I do so he can shut up sooner.

He rode his skateboard on the hardwood floors of his house in only his yellow swim shorts, knowing damn well his grandmother would beat his ass if she was home right now.

"Like humans are so shitty. . . those mythical things would be dead in days roman."

"Mhm..." I nodded again.

we're waiting to get a call back from Kai, telling us whether or not he and Embry are gonna meet us at the beach.

and I'm stuck listening to Jonah talk about mermaids.

my phone buzzed in the pocket of my shorts and I pulled it out quickly hoping it was Kai already. But when I read the name who left a message, it was Annie.

she doesn't text me at all, so this is surprising.

well i don't text her either.

A: Hi.

As I was texting her back, i heard Jonah's voice speak up. "Is it him?" He asked, referring to Kai.

"No." I shook my head, sending the text.

R: Hey :)

A: I'm bored.

R: I know. Who else is supposed to entertain you when I'm not there? ;)

A: Very funny...
A: What are you doing?

I told her about Jonah, and listening to him talk about whatever crap he was saying. She said she liked him, and I ignored the statement and asked if she wanted to hang out.

Bringing her with us to the beach will make it much more bearable.

She didn't like the idea of going swimming again. . . I'm guessing it's because of what I did at the lake. But she doesn't have to swim, I just want her presence there.

"Why are you smiling at your phone?" His voice ruptured my thoughts, still sliding around on his board.

"I'm not."

"Yeah. . . you were."

I press my fingers to the bridge of my nose in annoyance. "Can you just talk about your mermaid shit?" I groaned.

"It was a simple question you ass--" his sentence is cut short as he plummets to the ground, slipping off his skateboard. His hands flew up in the air to try and grab something but there was nothing for him to grasp, causing him to smack right into the wood floors.

I for sure couldn't contain my laughter so I belted out loud laughs to purposely bother him.

"Fuck you." He groaned, getting up from the ground.