twenty

Serein(n

Serein(n.) the fine, light rain that falls from a clear sky at sunset or in the early hours of the night; evening serenity.

Everything happened so fast, I couldn't keep up with it. One second ago his hand was locked with mine, and next it was connecting to Chase's jaw. By this time, Embry and Kai have already scrambled over while I'm standing here like an idiot.

Jonah pushed hard against Romans chest to get him away from Chase, yelling things that sounded muffled to my ears. Everyone seemed to be shouting at him, but i was too focused on trying to put everything together.

Blood was leaking from Chase's mouth as he rose up from the ground with a smile, crimson color staining his teeth. It was a scary sight, but when he charged for Roman, tackling him to the sand, everything seemed to become vivid again.

Embry was screaming things at the both of them while Kai and Jonah tried to pull them off of each other. Chase threw hard punches to roman's face that were awfully painful to watch. They shifted around so that roman was above him, and he began throwing identical hits at Chase's face.

My body was frozen and I couldn't say or do anything to help. I wanted to,but my body wouldn't let me.

Kai and Jonah were finally was able to yank them apart while Chase still lied back on the sand, laughing.

The further roman got pulled away from him the more he laughed.

I could tell it was pissing him off even more, the fact that he was amused instead of in pain.

He was definitely in pain, just not showing it.

Jonah and Kai had pretty good grips on him, while he shouted things that were scary to hear.

"I swear I'm going to kill you one day, you hear me?" he spoke out, pointing to chase lying back on the ground.

I winced at the words.

"Roman go!" Jonah shouted, "you have the keys, just leave please!"

He grabbed my hand roughly and pulled me away from everyone else. Before I turned completely I seen Embry crouching down next to Chase, getting him up from the ground while he still had a smirk on his lips. Kai's hood is no longer up and Jonah rubs his hands down his face in frustration. I felt bad, I wanted to help them all,

I really did.

When we got to the parking lot, he let go off my hand and scrambled through his pockets for the keys to Jonah's car, when he found them he unlocked the car getting in the driver's side while I hurried over to the passenger seat. He drove off in a rush, speeding down the streets in utter anger, gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"Roman slow down." I spoke up.

He seemed to realize how fast he was going, so he loosened his grip on the wheel and took a deep breath.