fifteen

This chapter is kind of a filler, but there's some important stuff towards the end.

and its a bit cringe now that I reread it.

But try to enjoy it lmao

-

I scrambled under the covers, awoken by the bright ray of the sun making me squirm in uncomfort. The house was silent, no sounds but the quiet chirping of birds outside the window.

With the heavy sage hoodie and black sweatpants on my body, plus the swarm of the thick covers, i'm overheated and sweating all over.

I shove the covers off of my body and trail over to the bathroom, removing my clothing and starting up the shower. After tending to my hygiene as usual, i step out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body; my hair soaked.

I pad over to my bedside table and grab my phone, scanning through my messages and other notifications.

Ethan called me 22 times.

I quickly texted him back, saying that I wasn't comfortable talking with him today. Which I really don't. I'm upset with the way he reacted last night. Even though it is my fault for not keeping my word. Which as you know, is something I'm terrible at.

I hate that about myself.

Who wants to be around someone who can't even keep up with what comes out of their mouth?

Searching through my clothes, I threw on a red floral tie strap dress. My parents should be soon, if not already.

No, i'd definitely be aware if they were home.

Scanning through my contacts in search for my mother's name, I pressed on it in a hurry, wondering when they'll actually be back. It listened to the sound of the voicemail speaking into my ear and I toss my phone on to the bed in annoyance.

I sit down at the edge of my bed, exhaling in the process. I begin to wish I had a sibling or someone to talk to...at least for the time being.

Riley.

I curse under my breath and spin around abruptly, crawling over my bed to reach my phone. I lye down on my stomach, swiping fast through my contacts for her name. When I find it I press on it quickly, letting the phone ring into my ear.

When I hear the satisfying sound of her picking up, I let out a relived breath.

"Riley-i'm so sorry for not calling you back yesterday! My original plan was to stay home, but then he came to my house, and I went to an amusement park with him, and I was so exited because it was my first time, but I totally forgot to call you back, please don't hate me too, I promise I wont-"

"Annie!" She laughed into the phone, cutting me off. "You're okay! It's fine, calm your nerves."

"Erm-"

She isn't mad?

"Oh...Okay." I replied softly, slightly shocked with her reaction.

"So...it seems like you had an eventful birthday. You wanna tell me what happened?"

"Right." I giggled.

I went over all the good things that happened yesterday, but didn't go into clear detail with what happened towards the end of it. I explained to her that we just got into a little argument and that was all. I didn't mention Ethan, my parents not being home, and the rest of the day's issues.

We talked for 20 minutes or so, I wanted her to tell me about her next trip and her future plants for photography. I actually could fall asleep to her voice, it's so soothing.