Crossed

I wasn't sure how we happened

I wasn't sure how we happened. And I sure as hell didn't know when. But I definitely knew why we happened.

We couldn't stay away from each other, no matter how much we tried. Gregory especially proved to be the most hesitant between the two of us. My resistance didn't last as long as his because I was the first to express interest in a relationship between the two of us, albeit a secret relationship but I didn't care as long as I had him as mine.

Gregory resisted for a long time but he eventually caved and he decided he wanted to be with me just as much as I wanted to be with him.

We had been together for a few months and we were happy together. Our relationship wasn't perfect by any means but our feelings for each other grew and I was sure I had fallen in love with him.

"Hey babe, your grilled cheese sandwich is ready," I called out.

"Can you grab me some water from the fridge on your way out of the kitchen?" He yelled back.

"Sure." I replied.

I put the grilled cheese sandwiches on two different plates and brought them into the living room where Greg was watching "Castle" on Netflix. I hurried back to the kitchen and grabbed two bottles of water from the fridge. I flopped myself on the couch beside Greg and handed him a bottle of water. I took the plate of grilled cheese sandwiches that Greg didn't take for himself and after getting comfortable on the couch, with my back resting on the armrest and my legs sprawled across the space Greg left on the couch, I dug into my sandwich. Every so often, Greg would laugh at Nathan Fillion's on-screen antics.

"Babe, if you keep laughing, you'll end up choking." I warned.

"Thanks for your concern but it's not going to happen." He declared arrogantly before letting out an amused snort.

Greg had wolfed down his sandwich in under five minutes while I was still nursing mine. I looked at Greg to find him already staring at me and I felt my breath hitch in my throat.

"What?" I breathed.

"You going to finish your grilled cheese?" He asked expectantly.

"You can have it." I handed my half eaten sandwich to him. Before I could blink, he had eaten the whole thing.

I picked up my water and took a sip before putting it back on the coffee table.

"You're really hungry today" I teased.

"I'm always hungry" he rolled his eyes playfully. He wasn't wrong, he ate all the time. Even when teaching in class, he always had a few snacks on his table that he would snack on. He once finished a quarter of a whole store bought chocolate cake in one period.

I put my head in his lap and got comfortable, stretching my whole body across the couch my feet dangling over the side of the couch. We fell into a comfortable silence with Castle still playing on in the background. He stared at me longingly, his hand stroking my hair before he ran the back of his hand down my face, his thumb running across my lips in the process and finally settling under my chin. He pulled me in for a kiss. It started out soft and slow then it built up in heat becoming something sensual. I ran my hand through his hair and his hand moved from my chin to the side of my neck.