Prologue

Ten years ago Elliot's brother was murdered in vain

How about we start with the reaping of the 65th Hunger Games.

"El' we have to get to the reaping, we can't be late" Elliot's brother, Harlow Young, shouted down the hall to his baby sister.

"I'm coming" The girl said, slipping her boots on, while trying to walk. today was her second reaping she was a part of, this was her brother's sixth, and final reaping he will ever be a part of. She hoped, prayed and begged that his name will not be spoken today, if it was, she wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

"Finger" the peacekeeper demanded, Elliot held her hand out for him to prick, after she stamped the pad of her finger tip onto the slip of paper.

Once she was in line with the girls and boys her age, she waited anxiously, bouncing on the heel of her foot. The district five escort walked on stage, after they finished the excruciatingly long video of President Snow talking about how amazing the games were, it was time for the names.

"As always, ladies first." The escort walked to the jar of female names, while the two siblings made contact, the woman was walking back to the mic. "are district five female tribute for the 65th Hunger Games is" she took a long pause as she slowly opened the slim piece of paper. "Lillah Foxford" Elliot sighed as did her brother, she was closing her eyes in relief that she didn't realize the woman on stage was about to call the male tribute.

"Harlow Young"

Three weeks later, he was dead and the 65th games were over and Elliot exploded, she snapped, she was no long a little sister, and she will never be the same Elliot Young

Three years later, Elliot was still numb from her brother's death, but it was reaping day, so she got up, she had to. The whole time went by in a blur, but when she did get knocked out of her thoughts was when the girl next to her bumped her arm, Elliot's gaze raised from her feet to see everyone staring at her.

"you were reaped"