"probably, but i dont want to be late so..." aurora stated as collen ruffled his younger sisters hair, aurora slapping his hand away from doing it to hers. the kinsley family, and charlotte headed to the high school- they would be graduating by the river- aurora's favorite spot to hang out after school.

aurora put on her cap and gown, tears filled her eyes as she saw gwen stacy and mary-jane. "hey!" aurora called out as they group-hugged. mj got very close with the group, only for being there for a few months- but she was absolutely amazing. "is pete here?" aurora asked, biting her lip nervously as she looked around.

the two shook their heads, aurora's heart dropped. 

gwen was valedictorian, she went up on stage making aurora look around. she dialed peter's number, he picked up almost immediately. the sounds of sirens and cars filled her ears, "peter benjamin parker, where the fuck are you?!" she whispered into the phone

peter laughed sarcastically, "i'll be there in two minutes, rora. don't stress."

aurora glared at her phone, "gwen's saying her speech dummy, and knowing your timing you'll be here when the thing is done.... stay safe pete or i swear to-"

"bye love you!" peter yelled into the phone making aurora roll her eyes. 

they began saying students names, aurora was up next. she bit her lip nervously, made eye contact with her father as she went up on the stage. everything seemed to glow lighter, the feeling in her chest went away as she grabbed the diploma. it seemed to glow in her touch, aurora smiling as she shook their hands.

yet still no peter parker.

or so she thought.

"SMILE AURORA!"

aurora kinsley stood next to her family, a soft smile on her face as she wrapped her arms around willa. the two smiled for the camera pointed in their direction, collen and charlotte laughed at the interaction. "my sister graduating? who would've thought?" collen teased pulling aurora in for a hug- the brunette scoffing playfully.

"alright family photo!" charlotte exclaimed, a smile on her face as she shoved the two older kinsley's towards the younger. freddy and collen both smiled at each other, deep lies hidden beneath the smiles. collen wrapped his arms around his sisters, aurora standing in the middle. she looked behind charlotte to see her boyfriend standing with aunt may- charlotte took the photo.

aurora smiled at peter, who smiled back at her. willa saw the look of love in his face as aurora stood next to him, may pointing the camera towards them. he looked at aurora like she was the only thing standing around them, like he saw everything in her. "alright smile!" peter wrapped his arm around aurora's waist, the two smiling brightly before peter turned around towards him- the two kissing in front of everyone.

"you were late-"

"don't worry rora, i made it just to see you walk up on stage." peter whispered giving her a hug. may let them go alone, but collen had a different plan- the brunette walked up to the couple, peter looking at him, "you're back!?"

"last night i flew in," collen replied, doing the old handshake he had with peter. charlotte walked up to them, "char meet peter parker, aurora's boyfriend."

charlotte smiled, "hi!!" she shook peters hand, the brunette looking at his girlfriend still. aurora's smile dropped seeing the crowd keep moving, making quinn julin stand there. she swore it was an illusion, she hoped it was a illusion, "hey, rory. are you okay?" charlotte asked making aurora blink to look at her.

peter grabbed his girlfriends hand, he said something to the other couple before moving aurora away from them. a nice private place under a tree, but aurora still looked around. the doctor (collen) told aurora she could have PTSD from seeing quinn die, it was normal. "hey, hey. what's up?" peter asked, placing his hand under aurora's cheek.

the brunette shrugged, "i'm fine." aurora bit her lip looking at quinn again, peter looked over also seeing lindsey and rylie speaking with him. they both thought he was dead, but there he was.. standing there like nothing ever happened. quinn waved at the two, it was friendly, causing aurora to turn away. "i'm so fine."

peter parker glared at quinn, his hand sliding around aurora's waist in a protective manner. he pressed a kiss to aurora's forehead, "tonight, we are having family dinner- are you in?" aurora asked making peter look down at her, a smile on his face, "please pete, my dad loves you already so, it won't be that awkward?"

peter laughed sarcastically, his gaze looking over at quinn again. aurora smiled, she looked down at her feet as peter grabbed her hand,  "i wouldn't miss it for the world." aurora looked up to peter kissing her on the lips, the two chuckling seeing willa walking up to them- she took a picture making aurora roll her eyes, peter pulled aurora in for a hug.

she rested her head on his chest as they looked at the kinsley family walking up to them, "you guys are so cute, i might throw up." willa replied making the other family members laugh. the younger kinsley seemed more happy lately, aurora didn't know why- but it was amazing to see their family healing (besides christie, but who gives a shit about her!?)

may walked up to the group, she smiled at freddy and collen before looking at peter. "aurora you're  looking beautiful as always!" may stated hugging the 19 year old.

aurora shook her head, "thank you may."

the two families headed to the kinsley residence, aurora changed into regular clothes as peter laid on her bed. he was looking through a newspaper, "they're still saying you're not real." he stated, anger in his tone as aurora took off her nice shirt. she looked back at him, "thats ridiculous!"

the two looked at the door, it was shut thankfully, "i don't mind it, i don't want all the attention on me anyway." aurora replied, throwing on peters hoodie. she looked at the newspaper, "but its pissing me off how they are giving you credit for last night! i was out all night!" aurora sat on the bed, peter wrapped his arms around her body pulling aurora close. "stupid male reporters."

peter hummed in agreement, his head snuggled into her back. 

and aurora felt like she was truly home.