nine

nine: i would love to know who you choose

AURORA WENT TO SCHOOL THE NEXT DAY.

everyone was staring at her as she walked through the hallways. she heard people whisper many things, 'dead girl walking' and 'i thought she died'. aurora had rylie and lindsey at her side, the three of them moving through the hallways like they owned the school. aurora healed overnight, a special use of her powers-

"hey pete." aurora greeted, the girl smiling at her friend who smiled back at her. the two grabbed hands, peter looked down at her leg, "healing, i guess." she whispered seeing lindsey and rylie were distracted. aurora saw gwen walking towards them, a smile on her face making aurora raise her eyebrow, "hi?"

gwen grabbed peters arm, she pulled him away from aurora, making the brunette freeze. peter went to gwens house last night for dinner right before the bridge accident, and right after they hung out. aurora felt her heart drop as she opened the outside doors, only to run into quinn, who smirked as he shoved her into the wall.

"hey slut." he whispered, pressing a kiss to her neck. 

aurora shoved him off of her, "what is wrong with you?!" she screamed, she punched him in the face, electricity shooting through his cheek into his body. quinn flew back into the wall, aurora clenched her jaw seeing gwen and peter smiling at each other on the bleachers. she never ever felt this way, jealously.

aurora was never jealous of peter parker talking to other girls. but now as she looked at gwen, she felt sick to her stomach, it was like the whole world was ending and aurora couldn't fix it. tears filled her eyes seeing gwen laugh at something he said, "you okay?" rylie asked grabbing auroras hand.

the brunette nodded, her jaw clenched as rylie dragged her over to the two. aurora sat farthest away from peter, her eyes on the football team playing in the field. peter looked over at aurora, he noticed her discomfort making him frown. "you know what, i'm actually going to head to class." aurora stated seeing how close the two 'friends' gotten.

rylie noticed that also, she gave peter a look making him realize what was wrong. aurora walked away from the group, she had clenched fists and her heart pounded. she didnt even realize that she bursted three lightbulbs that weren't even on as she walked by, she didnt care. aurora shut the door behind her with teary eyes, "stop." she told herself, "you dont love him, you never will."

aurora scratched her nose with a sniffle, she set her books down in her pub class. she turned on her computer, the bell hasn't rang yet- which met aurora could do something that wasnt actually, legal. aurora spinned on her chair, she raised her hand to shut the door, the teacher was no where in sight.

aurora sat in the teachers chair, the purple electricity surrounding the door handle. she typed in the teachers password, looked at the door then smirked. aurora opened up her grades, she deleted the F in her spanish, she failed the test and changed it to an A. the door handle moved, the bell rang.

aurora quickly felt the electricity go back into her body as she sat back in her chair. the students and teacher came in, aurora let out a sigh of relief as she typed on her computer. hannah sat next to her friend, "you're early." she stated putting her bag down. aurora shrugged, "everything okay?"

"yep. perfect." aurora gritted through her teeth.

" aurora gritted through her teeth

AURORA SAT ON THE SCHOOL ROOFTOP.

how did she get there? that was a good question. 

aurora had music playing in her earbuds, her father bought her a new phone after thinking it was from the bridge incident she broke it. aurora stared at the clouds, "rora." peter parker said going on the roof. aurora ignored him, tears filling her eyes as he looked down at her, "what are you doing?"

"rethinking my life choices." aurora replied. she shut her eyes as the wind hit her face, "rethinking why i'm still here."

peter sat down next to her, "why? what happened?" he asked making aurora scoff, "is this about me and gwen- rora nothing happened..." he trailed off realizing what aurora found out. the brunette stood up, grabbing her bag, "rora, i'm sorry. nothing happened and i didnt think it was such a big deal?!"

aurora ignored him, "it was nothing?" she snapped, her eyes meeting his. she hated fighting with peter, but her emotions were making it difficult. "why didnt you tell me then?! i would love to know who you choose?!"

peter froze, he watched as tears filled auroras eyes. she never acted like this before, aurora never cared about who he hung out with. he didnt want to hurt her, peter loved aurora kinsley- they couldn't end like this again. "i would choose you!" peter exclaimed, "i told gwen about me and she showed me what made spiderman happen-"

aurora shook her head, "why was she so close to you then? why did it look like you were in awe over her?" she snapped, her eyes turning purple. aurora was overreacting, she had to be. she couldn't be in love with her best friend- "fuck me, i'm so sorry." she whispered as she turned around.

peter grabbed her hand, spinning her back around. "stop apologizing for things you didnt do wrong." he stated, their lips dangerously close. aurora looked at his lips, "i should be apologizing."

"hey!" a teacher yelled coming onto the roof. 

aurora quickly jumped off the roof, disappearing into the shadows leaving peter parker to get the blame. she hid in the bathroom after going through the window, tears filled her eyes as she covered her mouth. hannah stood there, her mouth hanging open seeing auroras hand being surrounded by electricity. "what the-"

"fuck."