"Hey there Princess, little guy!" a gruff voice cried out from above.

Looking up, the two spotted Daruk standing atop Rudania. He suddenly leapt off, landing with a rumble down in front of them.

"Oh, Daruk!" Zelda exclaimed, "Thank you for your help! I was a little afraid we'd have to walk all the way up and down again today."

"Haha! Yeah, I remembered. That's why I brought her down, to make things easier for ya." the Goron Champion said, chuckling and scratching the back of his head.

"Right! I'll just check up, see if anything needs to be tuned better."

"All clear. She's all yours, your highness."

As the princess began to head inside, she turned to Link.

"Um, Link. Are you sure you want to stay alongside me all day? I wouldn't want to bore you with all the examination and analysis I'll have to do today."

"I would not mind it at a-"

"Actually, little guy, what do you say I show ya around Death Mountain a little?" Daruk suddenly interrupted a little.

"It is my duty to be the princess' protector at all times." Link reminded him.

"Hey, don't worry, she'll be perfectly safe with Rudania, trust me. Monsters flee in terror upon the mere sight of her."

Link looked to Zelda, wanting her thoughts on the matter.

"Well... alright. Link, do as Daruk says."

Though he was reluctant, Link hid it under his usual blank face as he followed her order.

"Very well, your highness."

Princess Zelda smiled and gave him a nod.

"See you at sundown!" she told the Champion as she entered the Divine Beast. Daruk then suddenly slapped Link on the back.

"Whoa!"

"Haha! Alrighty, let's go, little guy! A tour 'round ol' Death Mountain. The best thing in the world for a young man! Come on!"

He put his hand around Link as he began to lead him around, laughing to himself as Link simply followed. Though he hid it well, he was completely confused by what was going on.

End of the flashback

Link's eyes jolted open as the memory finished.

"You okay, goro?" Yunobo asked.

"I'm fine. Let's keep going." Link said. He realized that whatever path they were taking, it was helping him unlock more memories of Daruk. It was best to keep following the path Yunobo was leading him on.

"Um... Okay..." his companion answered, a little confused. "Um, anyways, after the fight, Lord Daruk found an ancient shrine within the titan's territory, at the Isle of Rabac. These tracks right here should get us there in a jiffy! Come on, help me get the carts on."

Using magnesis, Link loaded one of the minecarts onto the rails, Yunobo placing another one right in front of it.

"Do you know how to operate these things?" Yunobo asked.

Link gave him a nod.

"Oh good, because I don't. Well then, let's go."

He then hopped into the one in the front as Link and Taima hopped into the back. The Champion dropped a Sheikah bomb into the back of the cart. He then detonated it, boosting them all forward as they began to ride the minecarts across the massive lake of lava.