Chapter 15- The Big Tick

Start from the beginning

~💚~

"When I turn back to normal, princess; I'm going to smell your hair and breath in the wonderful scent of your rose and vanilla shampoo," I blushed when he said that. Then we saw an unusual space ship above our heads. "What the heck is going on?" I thought. Then three aliens appeared. "Rejoice. He's arrived in all his glorious glory," One of them said as they came toward us. "I await his proclamation," The small alien said.

~💚~

"Who are you guys?" Max asked. "Relax. We come in piece," The tall alien said. "That's what they always say... right before they blow you to bits!" I said as Gwen nodded. "An earthling with attitude. I've heard they exist here in large numbers. Or should I say did?" An alien with muscle said. "That doesn't sound good," I thought, worried. "And an Aburian Pelorota to boot," The tall one said. "At least we know what you are now," Gwen said.

~💚~

"His presence here... must be a sign provided by the Great One. Is he not tremendous?" "Tremendous! All hail the Tremendous One!" The aliens said. "But you're a little far away from home, aren't you?" "Actually, closer than you think," Ben said. "Unfortunately, there's nothing to go back to. The Great One purified your planet last week," The muscle alien said. "Everyone quiet down. He's speaking to me," "I don't hear anything," Gwen said. "Only I speak his language. The Great One says... your planet will be purified before the next moon. You are quite lucky," The small alien said.

~💚~

Then, everything around us started to change. "I don't think so," Max said. "No. It's actually quite the experience. Let me show you," The tall alien said. "No. Not the audiovisual thing again." "We followed the Great One... from planet to planet, galaxy to galaxy... after he paid a visit to each and every one of our planets. Notice his technique... the deep burrowing of the appendages... into the core of the planet... rotting it from the inside and then ingesting it."

~💚~

"That's what he's going to do here?" I asked, frightened. "Of course. Your cities will be laid to waste, your oceans will dry up... your mountains will crumble. It will be the end of the world as you know it," The aliens told us. "Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice," "I don't think so," Ben said. Then he rolled back into a ball and headed toward the aliens. He was smacked away and headed for us. Max, Gwen and I moved out of the way, avoiding Ben.

~💚~

"Ben!" I shouted. Then we ran to see if he was ok. "Ben!" Max said, looking for his grandson. Then he smacked right into us as he turned back to normal. "Oh, man. This watch gives me a new alien out of the blue... and all it can do is roll around. Totally no fair," Ben looked at me and smiled, "Now, princess; let me smell your hair." "That's right. Don't worry about the fact some giant planet-sucker... is about to wipe earth off the face of the universe because that's fair. Also, you two can be lovey-dovey later. Right now, we have more important things to worry about," Gwen said.

~💚~

"The trees are changing." "We have to get back up that hill and destroy it... before it destroys everything," Max said to us. We got back up the hill to see giant tentacles sprouted up in the ground. "These weren't here when we rolled down the hill, were they?" Ben asked. "No. I think we would have remembered them." "That Big Tick's poison is mutating the landscape," Max said. "Get your slimy whatever they are away from me!" Gwen said.