Ch 16: Burnt City

Depuis le début

Dr. Light sent a light beam towards Dick who narrowly dodged it. I closed my eyes nearly being blinded by the light. Looking down he was now gone.

"Anybody?" Dick asked.

"I've got a visual. He's heading towards the southern concourse exit" Donna said.

I ran down the stairs through the halls of the stadium. Donna and now ran side by side outside looking around.

"Can you feel him?" She asked.

"Not with that helmet on his head. It's blocking his mind" I said.

Dick walked began walking as Dr. Light jumped out hiding in front of a car.

"Dick get down!" Donna yelled.

Once again Dr. Light sent a light beam towards Dick. He threw another towards Donna and I as we hid behind a car door.

"I got this. Cut him off on the other side" Hank said.

I got up as Dawn spoke.

"He's heading to Buchanan" she said.

I began running towards the street.

"I got him" I said.

I stood ten feet from him holding my hands out as they glowed levitating a nearby motorcycle throwing it to him. I twisted my hands throwing a psionic ball stunned as he absorbed it redirecting to my body. I hit a wall falling to the ground on my stomach. I rolled over holding my stomach.

"Fuck that hurt" I said.

I slowly got up as Dick and Donna stood over Dr. Light turning around to a bus when he smashed the ground disappearing.

"You okay?" Dick asked as I walked towards them.

"Fantastic" I said. "How the hell did he do that?"

Turning around Dawn and Hank walked over. I created another portal, shortly after walking into the elevator. Everybody was quiet as Donna stormed out of the elevator, Dawn helped Hank walk out. I looked at Dick before walking out. Dawn and Hank stopped walking as he turned around.

"You had a chance" he said looking at Dick.

"He would've killed everyone on the bus" Dick responded.

"And he's gonna kill how many more?" He asked.

"I'll get him" Dick said.

"Maybe you've lost the taste for how this works" he said.

"We'll get another shot!" Dick said.

"The old robin would've taken the first shot" he said.

"Hank!" I said. "You need to get your wound cleaned and wrapped."

Dick turned to me walking closer.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I looked at my right hand covered in blood. Looking down at my stomach my shirt was covered in blood as well. My breathing increased as Jason appeared.

"Where's Dr. Light?" He asked. "Little stealth job on a guy who shoots, what, head lamps?"

"Enough, Jason!" Dick yelled.

Dick followed me down the hall as I sat at the chair of the security room. I pulled up my shirt to see a circle of blood with black bruises around it.

"What the hell happened?" He asked walking to the other side of the console grabbed the first aid kit.

"I-I don't know how he was able to do that" I said.

He put an a rag filled with alcohol on the wound as I winced. He looked up cleaning around it.

"I threw a psionic blast and he absorbed it, and threw it back at me" I said.

"What?" He asked.

"He's never been able to do it before, what changed?" I said. "You should go talk to Jason, I can clean this up myself."

He wanted to argue giving up before he had the chance walking out. I hovered my hand over the wound trying to heal it unable to.

"Fuck" I said.

I laid my head back closing my eyes. I turned my head hearing someone walk in. Gar stood at the entrance staring at the wound.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" He asked walking forward.

"I'm fine kid" I smiled. "Really, trust me when I say I've been through worse. Just a scratch."

"Looks more than a scratch" he said.

"I'll be fine" I said.

"I'm guessing Jason and Dick were fighting" I said.

"Um you could say that" he said.

"We'll get him and for good this time" I said. "I know Jason wants to fight but he won't win this battle against him. He thinks he's invincible but he doesn't understand last time it took six of us to take him down."

"Six?" He asked.

I looked down remembering, remembering a time when the Titans were one.