At the Airport

"I'll get going Jay. I'm gonna miss you. Goodbye" I said. He smiled and give me a tight hug.

"Is it your final decision Gulf??" He asked and I just smiled and nodded. "See you when I see you Jay.." I said and walked in.

My journey here has ended. I smiled sadly before I wave my hand to Jay. I sat at the waiting area for half an hour. And then I finally got in the plane. I looked out of the window for one last glance and tears escaped out of my eyes. Our memories started to flash in my mind... The day when we first met.. our wedding.. our first time.. and the last night..

°°°°°

After a long flight I finally am back to the States. The cold breeze was very comforting, I sighed and took a deep breath before I walk out of the Airport. When I heard my name being called out somewhere, I searched between the crowds and I saw a young girl running towards me. I smiled as I opened my arms for welcoming a hug.

"Gulf are you really here!!!?" The small girl said as she hugged me. "Sammy you're big now heheh" I said and she smiled. "Yeah.. by the way, I thought you will land at California first??" She asked.

"Uhmm nahh.. I have some business here first. Maybe I'll stay here for one week." I said and pinched her nose. "Welcome back Gulf.." Aunt said as she smiled.

"Mn.." I responded before we went to the car.

After half an hour we reach our house.
"Aunt, How is the house here??" I asked.

"It's fine dear.. we just changed some parts and also we renovated your garage. Last month a new car came again, so we needed to widen your garage again." She said. I smiled and realized an okay.

We entered the house. Everyone greeted me and in return I flashed my smile. I couldn't joke or laugh with them at that time so I went straight to my room after I ordered them to have a small party.

I looked at every corner of my room, it didn't change even a bit. It looks the same, full of my pictures, trophies and my son's portraits... Also an unfinished painting... It was who painted it months before I went to Thailand. It is the portrait of a man but the face is empty. I couldn't figure it out who that was.

I laid on my bed and called my grandmother to inform her that I have arrived. After a few rings, the phone was answered.

''Gulf??? You arrived already??" She asked me without even greeting me. "Yes Nana.. Where is my baby??" I asked her and I could hear her calling out for him.

"Hi Papa! How are you? Have you arrived already?? Come here soon naa~~ I miss you Papa!!!" He said in his small voice. I could feel my tears escaping. I really miss him so bad.. "I miss you too baby.. Don't worry I'll be there soon. Daddy just have a small business to finish here baby." I said and looked at his picture hung on the walls.

Our conversation ended after a talk of almost 2 hours and then I fell asleep.

°°°°°

In my stay here in Texas, I finished my business here. My meetings, my renovations, and everything.

Don't be shocked by hearing that I have a company at this age. The truth is my grandmother trained me to become a successful business man. And I started to build my own when I was 17. I didn't tell her or even my family about it but I had brought Ayaan here for several times.

All my grandmother know is that I'm a professional racer. It's not that I don't want them to know about my life, it's just that I don't want her to be shocked. And this is not the line of our business. I have an arts school and 5 stars hotels so I'm still looking forward for its expansion.

My time here was done.
"Gulf don't take this long to visit here next time, okay!!?" Sam said. I just smiled and nodded.

I still have a long way to go. I still do keep remembering Mew. I think he is always stuck in my mind. He has a really big impact on me.

I called for a cab to go home and not so long later, the cab arrived. I got in the cab.

We're almost near to my place when I suddenly woke up from my sleep, I don't know why I'm feeling anxious all of a sudden. Then I looked at my ring finger and I saw my wedding ring. I fished out my phone but I could use it, my sight got locked onto my home where I've stayed and spend my teen life.

I asked the driver to pull over near the gate. I paid him and came out of the cab. I closed my eyes and smelled the familiar and comforting scent. It was then that I heard a shout from inside.

"Faster Granny!! My Papa is outside!!! Aisshhhh you're slow granny.." A small voice can be heard from inside.

"Heyy you small brat kid, your Papa can wait! See my lower back is already in pain, stop pulling me little brat!!"

"Aishhh come fast Granny.. I haven't seen Papa for a long time...."

I smiled when I heard them arguing. They are always like that.

And then the gate opened and my son ran to me and hugged my leg. "Papa!!!!!!! You are already here!!! I mished you!" He said and pouted.

"Aiyoo this kid... Will you even let him come inside first...'' Nana said. I smiled at her as I bowed. "Nana, its okay... I miss you both too!" I said and carried Ayaan inside.

"Hey Uncle, long time huh?!" I said to our butler. He smiled in return and said, "Yes young master''

"Uncle, can you please carry my bags to our room? This little monster here, don't want to get off of me." I said and walk into the house.

When we arrived at the living room, the maids bowed and I just smiled. Somehow, coming back here made me forget Mew for a little while.

"Papa I missed your scent.. your warmth.." my son said and sniffed my neck. Nana just looked at us and smiled. "I missed you too baby!' I said and kissed his forehead.

"Gulf, how was your journey? Did you just come back here for a vacation??'' Nana asked and I stopped for a while.
"No Nana I came back here for good." I said and she looked at me suspiciously.

"What's the matter Gulf? Tell me, I know that something has happened over there." She said and I shook my head. "Nothing Nana.. It's just that.. I realized, its more comfortable here.. And.. I'm worried about you and Ayaan." I lied but she just glared at me. "Tell me or else.... What happened, why are you here? I know you too well Gulf and you can't lie to me." She said.

"Nana, can we talk about this tomorrow? I'm so tired and I missed you both so let's have some bonding without thinking about the outside world." I said and she just sighed.

"I hope it's not him. Because I already did my best to make you safe and it's better that you are here now. Its safer than there."

She mumble something but I couldn't hear it clearly. "Nana you said something???" I asked.

"Nahh it's nothing. You must be tired so just go to your room and take rest. I think that little brat already slept in your arms" she said. I smiled and looked at Ayaan. "Nana you know that he has hard time to sleep without me by his side so.. he got you a hard time when I was gone, right??" I asked. She smiled as she gave me and son a kiss on the forehead. "What do you think?" she said and walked away to her room.

I will tell her tomorrow but I know that she will be mad at me.

To be continued...

(2165 words)