Chapter 9 (Revised)

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece.

"NO!"

Luffy sat up with a jolt as tears gathered in his eyes. Ace and Sabo also woke up quickly after hearing the youngest scream.

"Lu?" Ace called out softly as Sabo gently placed a hand on the 8 year old's shoulder.

Luffy looked around franticly and when he saw their concerned faces he burst into a ball of tear's.

"I saw it! We where there again! I-I saw blood and Ace was strapped to a table and Sabo was screaming and I couldn't move an-"

"Lu!" Sabo called out as he placed his arms around the trembling child.

"We're good, nothing like that is happening. It's all in the past." Sabo whispered.

"Yea, Luffy don't even worry. We're okay, everything is going to be okay. All three of us are free now," Ace said quietly and when the two looked up at him they found him smiling gently.
This almost instantly calmed the mood, and no one was surprised. While this didn't happen often, Ace would let down his mask and had a way to just being peace to the two when they needed it. It relaxed them, and made them feel even more at home.

Luffy nodded still a little teary eyed as he clutched the blankets between his small fists. "You didn't move the bandages did you?" Sabo asked worriedly.

"No," Luffy said. "Good now let's get back to sleep," Ace sighed as he pulled the blanket up only to be stopped by fearful brown eyes.

"How about instead of going to sleep so soon we play a game?" Sabo asked quietly.

Luffy nodded excitedly while Ace nodded with small relief in his eyes for Sabo being able to think up an alternative so quickly.

"What game?" Luffy asked with a tilt of his head.

"How about the one where we each tell a story. The one who can keep the other two most entertained wins," Sabo asked with a smile.

Ace and Luffy nodded in agreement. "I'll go first," Luffy said, his tears already forgotten.

"This was on a training trip with grandpa. He had left me in a really big forest and there were these monkeys. They had bananas and I wanted one so I went to go take one, but they ended up chasing me all day. By the end I got my banana," Luffy grinned really wide.

Sabo and Ace laughed knowing that the little idiot wasn't lying.

"You're supposed to share a story not a memory stupid," Ace snorted.

"Well if you can do this so well you tell the next story," Sabo said with a grin.

"Okay I will," Ace glared.

"A long time ago, there was a young king who ruled the land with an iron fist. Constantly in control and refusing to give up his position as king. One day, a lady servant approached him with a letter in hand. Now this letter needed to be mailed, but it first needed to be closed. When the evil young king went to lick it shut he realized it was poisoned. It was too late he had already licked it and since he was so mean no one stepped up to help. He died, the end."

"Hahhahahahahaha!" Sabo laughed while Luffy grinned. "What kind of story was that!?"

Ace began to blush furiously. "Well I'd like to see you do better!"

"Okay, I will!"

"A long time ago, there were three soldiers. All tall and strong, ready to fight any monster, conquer over their every fear, and save the lives of those in need. They traveled the lands and each step bringing more adventure, more danger, and more freedom than they ever imagined."