Chapter 8 (Revised)

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece.

~^-^~

After Izo left the galley the three brats were left alone to figure out what to do with their time. Which didn't last long before a short guy with brown hair and eyes came bounding up with a grin.

"Hi! I'm Haruta, 12th division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates!" Luffy returned his wide grin while Sabo and Ace merely nodded. "I'm Luffy, and I'm gonna be King of the Pirates!" "

"Sabo."

"Ace."

Haruta didn't seemed fazed at the reactions from each kid. "You guys want me to show you around the ship?" Three faces lit up in excitement which caused the small commander to laugh.

"Okay, so thats a positive! I'm surprised no one has given you three a proper tour, but then again everyone tends to forget the obvious things. Especially our resident mother hen which is kinda weird considering he's the mother hen."

"Oh my god! You guys have chickens! Can I eat one!?" Luffy asked with stars in his eyes. Haruta froze wondering how the kid thought they had chickens.

"Idiot! I don't think they have chickens and if they did why the hell would they let you eat one!?" Ace hissed with a glare as he felt on edge at walking around with a stranger.

"It's a figure of speech, Lu. I don't believe pirates would have birds lying around for you to eat." Sabo said cutting Luffy off before an argument could break out.

Haruta grinned, "See the blond kid gets it! I was talking about Marco. The man worries about everyone which is unsurprising seeing as how he is the oldest brother on the ship. It's his duty or some crap like that to make sure we're all safe. Now come on we're losing daylight standing here. We have a lot to cover as this ship supports a thousand crew members for a reason."

~Line break~

"Okay, this is the navigation room! We have all our navigators gather here to assess our weather, direction we go in, and other similar needs like that here. Which might se-"

"This is so cool!"

Haruta felt slight irritation at being interrupted which quickly gave way to surprise as Sabo stepped up showing more emotion than the commander was expecting. The brunet swore there was nothing really much to see in this place and was quite boring to spend the time.

"Look at all the maps! You could pinpoint everything from in here! The details are magnificent and very well drawn with numbers in scale to the real thing. The islands seem to even have little details so that you can see what type of weather is being faced."

"Hahhahahahahaha! Someone gets it! See! We told you it was a work of art Commander Haruta!" A random crew member said with a hearty laugh.

Haruta just felt shocked as he watched Sabo ask all kinds of questions that the commander could barely keep track of. "Tch, you look stupid with your mouth open. Don't be too surprised Sabo loves this stuff." Ace said with a sigh, but Haruta still was able to see the fondness hidden beneath chocolate brown eyes.

"Yup! Sabo wants to be a navigator!" Luffy said with a proud grin. Haruta chuckled, "I see. That's a great goal to have as it is an important skill.most pirates should have to be able to.survive in harsh seas."

"Yea, well thats why you rely on your nakama." Ace muttered, Luffy merely nodded in agreement after having heard the other.

Haruta let a small smile worm its way onto his face. These kids were full of surprises for the commander.