Chapter 6 (Revised)

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece.

Whitebeard's P.O.V

I looked down at my daughter, the head nurse of this crew waiting for her to tell me what exactly was wrong with one of the guests we brought on board. "It seems the youngest child, Luffy, has sea stone shards lodged into his body. It would take multiple surgeries just to remove a few pieces. I'm not entirely sure how many pieces there are yet as I'm waiting for the X-ray results to finish." I sat back, swirling the sake I had in my large cup gently.

"Pops? I'm not entirely sure yet, but I believe it is our responsibility to care for the three boys now. I'm already worried with how the effects this situation the three were placed in will mess with their future. For all I know all three could have sea stone." I sighed heavily as I gazed out at the open sea, which over the course of many years had become my home. "We are pirates, and this life is not one fit for a child much less three of them. We'll have to wait and see as this is also the three children's choice as much as it is ours." Selma nodded and directed a smile at the nurse from before as she approached. "I'll be seeing you later with a new update, Pops." I nodded with a smile.

Two weeks later.

Third P.O.V

In the span of two weeks Luffy has been feeling much better as the fever was subdued. Daily medical attention is placed upon the three boy's by worried pirates though. Sea stone was discovered in all three boys along with a multitude of different type of evidence on Sabo and Ace that further proves to Selma that the three were used like lab rats.  Though life has certainly been an interesting ride for the three as dealing with such a large number of crew members everywhere.

Selma has since explained what is wrong with Luffy. They couldn't hide it since Luffy began to cough out blood. When that first happened Sabo and Ace panicked (even if they won't admit it), but when Selma explained that Luffy's body was rejecting the sea stone. Along with the fact that Ace and Sabo were effected as well. She questioned them if Luffy was a devil fruit user, but instead received a blank stare and a harsh glare from the three boys.

Since then Sabo and Ace have become even more protective of their little brother. Luffy, on the other hand, has been using this to his advantage as he chose every possible moment to cause some form of fun for himself and his brothers. It's annoying the commanders, not that any of them would actually do anything about it.

"Luffy!" After hearing that the pirates sighed and some winced thinking it was far too early in the morning for the yelling. A certain pineapple head man, Marco, sighed before going to investigate the current problem. He entered the galley where he heard the scream come from and saw the little rubber boy running from Thatch. Seriously that kid is dangerous! They haven't even known him for three weeks and he managed to befriend everyone enough so if he does something wrong he won't be punished as severely. Today it seemed he stole some food judging by the yells Thatch is screaming from in between curse words.

The other two brats, Sabo and Ace, seem to not care as they continue to eat their breakfast. Those two are extremely stubborn, in these two weeks they refused to either leave Luffy's side or leave from their room, which is the old second division commander's private quarters. The pirates were barely able to get the two to come eat a meal with them.

The only reason anyone can think of for them possibly joining is for Luffy's sake. Marco sighed before grabbing some food and joining the two brats. They sparred him a glance (a glare in Ace's case) before continuing their meal. After a couple of minutes Thatch and Luffy joined them with their own food.

Luffy grinned a really wide smile at the blond man as a way of greeting him before eating. Thatch was the only one that actually spoke to Marco. "Hello my dear brother! How are you today on this fine morning?" Marco stared at him as if he was crazy, "You literally talked to me ten minutes ago, yoi." Thatch just laughed, "That was ten minutes ago. You need to stop living in the past!" Thatch just began laughing harder when Marco shot him an annoyed look. "Whatever, yoi."

The rest of their breakfast was spent in silence except for the small arguments the three brothers had. "Luffy," Marco said when both he and Luffy finished breakfast. "You need to go to the infirmary today. Don't forget yoi." Luffy nodded excitedly, "I know!" He then proceeded to run off with his two brothers behind him.

"Can't they ever sit still? At this rate I'll have to assign the chore of taking care of those three, yoi" Thatch laughed. "You do know that if I assign that chore it'll be commanders job only." Thatch paled at the new found information before "suddenly" remembering that he has to help in the kitchen. "Got to go!" Marco sighed after Thatch left before muttering to himself, "Family you can't live with them, but you can't live without them, yoi." And so begins the adventures of ASL living with the Whitebeard Pirates.

Author's Note:
Hello! I want to thank the amazing two people who voted for this story! Thank you it means a lot. I hope you guy enjoy this story! Sadly I have no idea what to do for the next chapter. I know I want it to be happy but I have no ideas about what to do. So readers I ask you to help me in my time of need and give me ideas! Pretty Please! I can't update if I don't have anything to write. So don't be shy! Until next time Luckies! *waves fiercely*

P.S Sorry for the mistakes I don't have a computer and I type all of this on my phone so some mistakes aren't my fault.