Chapter 49

Once inside security at the Incheon International Airport, one can watch the excited people getting ready to take that once in a lifetime trip. There is a continuous hum of happy chatter, luggage wheels softly rolling across the floor, and cellphones ringing. It's late in the afternoon, which is a prime time to get through airport security.

A small bag on wheels weaves its way, in a slight rush towards an airline gate.

"Winter!"

There was a pause.

She frozed on her spot as she quickly turned around.

"I didn't know you were leaving."

Winter pursed her lips. "I purposedly did not tell you because I don't want to see you watch me leave."

"Were you planning to just disappear?" Ryujin pouted. Eyes brimming with tears.

Winter remained silent. She glared at Ningning but the girl only acted like she's not the one who told Ryujin.

Winter wondered for a moment if she'll also come, yet, she shrugged the thoughts off. 

'There's no way.'

She approached Ryujin and succumbed her with a tight hug. 

"Mom needs my help. We'll be gone for awhile but we will be back." She stated with a small smile

"You should or I'll go wherever you are and drag you back here in Korea." Ryujin joked. They chuckled before an awkward silence followed.

Ryujin caught up and so did Winter.

"Did you tell her you're leaving?" She asked. No matter how careful she is with her words it's still not enough to ease the pain inside Winter's chest

"You know there's no need. We're no longer together." Winter smiled bitterly

"Yeah but she's not grasping this lightly too." Ryujin sounded sad. Too sad Winter thought she's the one who broke up with Karina

"She's gonna be fine, Ryu." Winter sounded certain

"And are you?" Ryujin inquired.

"I'm not but I'll be fine." She replied

"We'll go now. It's our flight." Winter looked away. She put her shades on as she softly kissed Ryujin on the cheek

"I'll miss you." 

"Me too."

Ryujin went to Ningning next, they both hugged each other and the girl almost cried. Who knows when will be the next they'll see each other.

Winter anticipated if that specific someone will come but minutes passed and to her disappointment. No one did. Karina's nowhere to be seen.

They were about to do security screening when they all heard a familiar voice yelling from the very back of the airport.

"WINTER!"

Her heart pounded out of her chest. Winter turned around and a tight hug greeted her. The girl sobbed on her chest.

"I'm glad I caught up to you!" Yuna sobbed.

Winter genuinely chuckled. "I'm glad you're here."

Yuna stared at her for a second before she bawled her eyes out again.

"Wrap it up, Yuna. There's no time, the plane will leave them if you don't hurry your ass." Ryujin hissed

Yuna rolled her eyes at the latter as she stood up straight and handed Winter a letter.