New Books and A Sleepover

~Charlie~ 

"Saints born together to fight their holy fables.

The streets are where we pray. 

Hymns for the lonely, wretched and forgotten.

The feelings in our hearts won't ever fade away."

I noticed that I finally make it to Barnes and Noble. I turn my music off and see how crowded it is. I groan in annoyance. "Why are there so many people here..." I mutter before walking in the front doors. Once I make it inside, I notice a large group of kids sitting in the reading area and notice that they all have school uniforms on.

The girls are wearing a royal purple pencil skirt with matching knee-high socks with white or black tennis shoes, a white polo shirt, and royal purple suspenders. The boys are the same, but with pants. I shake my head and walk over to a book section. After a couple of minutes of meandering around, I finally find one of the books I was looking for. "Color Blindness: A 3-in-1 Medical Reference" 

I smile and grab it before looking in the Thriller category. After finding a couple of Stephen King books, I proceed to check out. Once I get there I look up and come face to face with a handsome young man maybe in his early twenties... Around twenty-one maybe. He had dark brown hair, nerd glasses, some scruff, and some type of shirt which was either blue, or white... I'm not sure yet. I get pulled out of my thoughts when I hear him speak to me. 

"Excuse me miss? Are you okay?" I shake my head quickly and look at him. "Oh. Me? Yeah I'm fine. Sorry, I just sort of zoned out..." I say quietly, barely above a whisper. He smiles and starts to scan my books, when he sees the one about color blindness. He stops and stares at me for a moment. "Miss, don't take offence to me asking; but are you color blind?" he asks hesitantly. I smile and nod my head yes. "It was something I was born with. I inherited from my mother. My grandma, and great-grandma and so on had it." I say looking at him. 

He nods his head. While printing off the receipt; he says, "I'm Christian." "What?" I ask again confused. I hear a deep chuckle come from him. "My names Christian. Christian Earls." I giggle at my stupidity and shake his extended hand. 

"I'm Charlie Edwards." I say with a smile. "That's a very pretty unique name for a pretty unique young lady." he says with a smile, making me blush a shade darker. "Well excuse me good sir, but are you trying to flirt with me? If so, you are doing quite a good job." I giggle out. "Well, can I give you my number?" Christian says with a sloppy yet adorable grin. "Of course you can. I need more numbers then my family members." I say.

He nods his head and continues to right down his digits. "So, if you don't mind me asking, what type of color blindness do you have?" he asks while handing me my receipt with his number on the back of it. "Well-" I start off, "-I have Protanopia Color Blindness." 

"I've heard of that. I believe one of my old friends had it." I nod my head. Christian hands me the bag of books and smiles. "Don't forget to text me sometime. I'd like to know more about you Miss Edwards." he says in a fake Posh accent. I giggle and respond with the same accent, "Of course Sir Christian." he lifts my hand up before I get a chance to leave and kisses my knuckle before letting me walk away. 

As I walk towards the door, I feel the blush on my face slowly disappearing, along with the class. I shake my head again and start to walk home. Once I make it, I pull out my phone and text Christian.

Me: Heyyy :) It's Charlie x 

C: Yo CharChar! How r you? Miss me yet x ;) 

Me: Mayb o_O lol. I thought that u might hve tricked me :) I made it home safe though x

C: Good xD I didn't want that psychotic killer getting you ;) and why would I trick the only girl that I have slight interest in, in this boring town? :( x