My Version Of Fine

"Check him again," I told Melissa who gave me a tired sigh.

"Skyler I think the first four times was enough," she objected and I gave her a pleading stare. "I promise you he's fine."

"Seriously Skyler, I'm fine," he assured and I resisted the urge to send him a glare. He could tell.

"I said check him again Melissa," I wasn't asking but she still shook her head at me.

"I'm completely and totally fine," Stiles attempted to get up from the bed but Melissa lightly pushed him back down.

"Uh-uh-uh. You completely and totally have a concussion, Stiles. Lie back down," she insisted and I sent him a huge nod with a grin.

I'm always right. "See. Do more tests." I was now turned to Melissa and she sighed already getting tired of me.

"The doctor said he's not leaving without a CT scan Skyler don't worry, besides–"

"We still haven't paid for the last one," Stiles immediately got back up and I pushed him back down.

"Stay." It was more of a demand.

"Meredith is at the station. Your dad said it could take some time but he will get her to talk. Even if I let you go, what would you do?" Melissa questioned Stiles's actions.

I had no intention of going against her wise words.

We both stared at Stiles waiting for him to give in. I was too stubborn for him to do anything else other than rest.

"Okay, fine. Can you do me one little favour?" He asked.

"Anything," she nodded.

"Can you get me a tape player?" He asked.

Not what I was expecting. Melissa and I shared a confused glance and I shrugged my shoulders.
"Like cassettes?" She stared at Stiles.

"Yes. Tapes," he stated sure of himself.

Why the hell does he need tapes? What he needs is sleep for that big thump on the side of his head.

"Yeah, I'll see what I can do," Melissa nodded taking the tray out of the room.

"Okay, tapes, though, please," Stiles reminded and Melissa only smiled as she left.

"Cassettes," she corrected before leaving.

I stared at Stiles. Wasn't exactly trying to hide the fact that I was staring because I didn't want to. And it wasn't exactly a 'I miss and want you stare' but more of an 'I hope your completely okay' stare.

"I reminded her to bring tapes right?" He asked and I rolled my eyes with a laugh.

"Stiles, I think she'll be able to find it," I assured and he groaned beginning to fidget with his hands. "He punched you in the face Stiles. Take a rest."

"No. I can't sit here and do nothing," he grumbled.

Fine. Two can play the stick up the ass game. I pulled a chair to sit across him.

"What do we do about Meredith? What the hell am I supposed to do about Malia? You know she won't answer my texts and voicemails. Even my emails. And you're staying so it makes everything so much more–"

"Just so we can get everything in the clear," I quickly interrupted him. "I didn't stay for you, Stiles. I stayed for my Dad and this is where Allison died. In Beacon Hills, I'm not ready to get over that yet. You had some involvement in the decision, sure. But your not the whole reason."